My Thoughts—PG-

Hey Guys! :blush:
First off I want to start by saying I love this game so much. Or… I did. I’m nobody important like @Lx460🤪 but I just wanted to share a bit about how I feel regarding this game.
I’ve played this game for awhile. I have been involved on forums for a good while. I’ve given my advice, put in my 2 cents (even when not wanted😂) , and have done my best to try to draw attention to the places that need work in this game like many of you. I don’t spend much… I buy both atlas elite and elite account and that’s about it. That’s irrelevant though, The amount I spend shouldn’t matter on if I’m heard or not.
Lately I have felt very discouraged with this game after the release of the Abyssal Tier at the cost it is. Seeing the player base work together ,regardless of what team they are on ,to fix this game that we all love so much is so encouraging to see. But seeing long time players like @mechengg say their goodbyes because the game is no longer what they love is heartbreaking. :broken_heart:
We have lost so many good long time players because of the disconnection between PG and the player base. I should not have to feel like it’s the Players VS. PG… yet I do. I would more then love to see The players and Pg working together to make this game as good as it should be, but that isn’t happening. PG lacks transparency with its player base, as well as communication.
It’s almost like a relationship. Without communication the love dies in the relationship, and both people are forced to pull apart.
Im tired of seeing people upset and angry at PG, but that is what it has come down to, and rightfully so. The people are tired of desperately pleading for some kind of validation that they are important through ACTIONS.
I really don’t know where I’m going with this at all, I just felt like I had a lot to say and I would really love to hear what you guys think as well. I’m kind-of losing hope for this game, as well as the company that runs it. The last thing I wanna see is for it to fall apart. Any thoughts or opinions? Feel free to add anything ya want I’ll read every single response to it.
How do you feel?

8 Likes

6 Likes

Lol!! I relate . :joy: it’s rough. Friendship is pretty much the only reason I continue to play. The game itself I love but it no longer keeps me staying because the amount of money needed to stay relevant is too much to keep up with.

1 Like

Totally agree. I’m most likely going to drop leagues soon as I can’t bring myself to spend the amount of time that I used to in-game. I’m going to use that time to see whether PG has any intentions of repairing player trust, and if not, I think I’ll have to finally find the motivation to say goodbye for good. PG is alienating anyone who isn’t a super-whale and I’m not interested in constantly getting frustrated over a game anymore. I’m just gonna do what feels right.

The fact that a GPF member, with inside knowledge of what is to come, is leaving signifies that maybe the end is near. Or maybe I need to take off the tinfoil hat.

10 Likes

This was my first thought as well. Mech is leaving at the start of a new season and surely has insider info on more bad changes that will be arriving…

6 Likes

But all the cool kids are wearing them :crazy_face:

4 Likes

tinfoil-cat
Really does feel like something is up…

3 Likes

wardragonsmeme

This is what’s up

10 Likes

Yep… I’m right there with you tbh… like, I understand coming out with crap updates , but then when u see the backlash I expect something to be done to make it better.
Who knows though, maybe they are working on what Lx proposed and they just need time. Im not sure anymore .

3 Likes

The only reason I still play is my team. That’s it.

The game itself used to hold my interest, getting new dragons, destroying bases with them, leveling up my base, being King of the Hill (RIP :cry:), getting some flag swag for my base (RIP CTF :cry:). You know, fun times. Not whatever this game has become. Oh right, a money pit…

6 Likes

It really feels that way doesn’t it? :frowning:this game was once amazing, and now I just feel like its turning into every other game that requires money to progress at a decent rate…such a shame.

2 Likes

Though it may be an unpopular opinion, it’s possible that the new tier scaling was done in an attempt to prolong the life of the game by making end game content harder to get. Just because players are used to breeding through a tier in a few months previously, dosent mean that needs to be maintained. Instead of everyone flying the same dragon’s vs the same bases in higher leagues, there would eventually be players at different tiers.

Not saying this is good or bad, but it is what this approach appears to be.

Except that’s not the case.

Making the most recent tier exponentially more expensive than the previous tier isn’t going to prolong the life of the game, because the tier release cadence is unadjusted. All this approach does is demand that those who are in the latest tier spend an increasing amount of money to get into and stay in the next most recent tier.

At best, this approach will make the latest tier more exclusive, simply because even the whales cannot afford it.

And that’s not going to extend the life of the game. People are already #nopingout at an alarming rate.

4 Likes

Whatever their intentions, all one can say for sure is they missed the mark.

A handful of F2P or E2P players leaving might be natural churn. GPF members, spenders, that is something else.

PG needs a bullseye on the board. Stop aiming for the players?

4 Likes

I don’t think we can say the release cadence has stayed the same until the next tier release correct?

If the next tier isn’t released for 9 months would you still feel the same?

:eyes:

If the next tier isn’t released for 9 months, it would be a sign that the game has folded and PG has picked up their toys and gone home.

Maybe. Uh, empyrean was a really long tier. They said about two months between abyssal waves at one point, but I haven’t seen them repeat it since. A pity, since a commitment like that would let people plan at least.

Interesting question… I think I would be more willing to accept the cost if that was the case.
But as you said, we don’t know what the time gap is until the next tier.

:eyes:

We have a pretty good idea?

I mean, yeah, they may shift trajectory, implement a moratorium on new dragon tiers while they shake the foundation of the game in an attempt to right the ship.

I dunno. Feel free to hope. I’m a bit more of a pragmatic realist.

1 Like

You know what would have had the same effect but likely would have caused far less trouble/backlash? Introduce 8 legendary and 4 mythics spaced out over 6 months at the same aggregate token cost.

1 Like