Mystic Fragments -> Dragon Fragments, is it 1:1?

When I use Mystic Fragments to add more fragments for my incomplete dragon in egg incubator, what is the ratio? Is it always 1:1?

Yes  

3 Likes

If I breed Anapa which needs 500 fragments, so in theory, I need either 500 Mystic Fragments or 87.5K. So, 1 Mystic Fragment = 175 egg tokens?

2 Likes

Yes  

3 Likes

Only on that breed - the ratio will be different for other parent / child combinations, since the number of tokens depends on the probability of getting a fragment for that particular egg, as well as the number of fragments needed for the egg.

5 Likes

In that regard, I try to never use mystic fragments when backbreeding a dragon. I want to use them where they have the highest egg token value. In my breeding chart, I have a column that shows number of egg tokens each fragment is worth, and I use that to get the biggest bang for the buck from my mystic frags.

Someone told me there was a magical guide with info on where it might be good to use fragments or not. No math required. Just a rumor, I think.

5 Likes

Red’s breeding paths contain that info.

5 Likes

I don’t know; I build my own breeding chart using data from dragonmanager.com in an Excel worksheet, and the math is fairly simple.

If I may quote myself from another thread (as it is apropos this one):

When using frags you need to look not only at the bang for your bokens, but also the effect it will have on the availability of builder hut eggs.

1 Like

:eyes: I used about 548 of those mystic frags to get me Keth (I already owned Opes so they were good to use :smiley:) which leaves me with enough egg tokens to pick up Kaze (for builder hut eggs) once Keth hits lvl 16.

Those mystic frags saved me about 110k egg tokens that I can use for Kaze :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Sounds like egg tokens are still hard currency. Mystic fragments are flexible but with some side effects and value differences.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.