Mythic Glyph in Breeding

So… moving away from all the negativity going on for a moment, this is something I wanted to enquire/talk about.

In the past, the only events that used to have mythic glyphs were Fortification, Team Gauntlet and Temple Raid, which was half the events, which left the other half (Kingdom wars, Fight pits, Breeding) mythic glyph-less, so it made sense.
Although, it wasn’t ideal not having mythic glyphs in more events.

After the reworking of event prizing, Kingdom Wars and Fight Pits now also have a mythic glyph in prizes, so the real question here is, why has breeding been left out? Doesn’t make sense at this point only having one event with no mythic glyph, especially that all events have the same number of prize milestones now.

So here’s the suggestion in @PGGalileo’s favourite format:

Problem: Breeding has oddly been singled out as the only event without a mythic glyph.

Why this is a problem?: Currently, people have problems acquiring enough mythic glyphs that they actually want for their dragons/bases due to poor choice of glyphs offered in events - now, while this can be considered a separate issue of its own, the two are entwined a bit because a mythic glyph in one more event gives another chance at a useful glyph for people to acquire in the meantime until a closer look can be taken at the quality of glyphs offered in events.

Solution: Add mythic glyphs into breeding prizes to match availability in all other events.

I tried looking at milestones in other events to try to figure out if there’s some pattern when it comes to events for it to be added into, but unfortunately there wasn’t one, so I would suggest having it at either the 390k or 520k mark as it feels like the most suitable level of difficulty to achieve. (Not too easy, not too hard)

Players should be rewarded for doing well in events, and this is a great way to do so. It serves as an effortless QoL improvement that would make people happy and may incentivise them to go the extra mile for a glyph they want if they hadn’t already planned to go to that milestone. Overall, a win-win situation for both the player base and PG with people pushing to get the mythic glyph.

Please keep this thread nice and constructive when giving feedback for this suggestion, and let’s stay on topic of adding a mythic glyph into breeding, rather than delving into the issues of bad quality runes offered. (This should really be looked at too though)

37 Likes

Second this idea, glyphs are so tricky to get a full set on which is frustrating when they’re 3/5 of the runes you can equip. Doesn’t make sense for breeding to be left out (particularly when the prizes in this event are way harsher than other events already).

4 Likes

Should be super easy to implement too, because you’re simply adding the glyph into the prize milestone! (Please don’t touch anything else prize wise in this event)

6 Likes

It takes me a year to get the right rune for my base so I think it would be a good idea

2 Likes

Totally agree! More opportunities for mythic glyphs are very much needed! As bases expand and more dragons are released mythic/ exotic glyphs become more and more sought after.

5 Likes

I agree so much! It’s so frustrating. I want so badly to be able to move my base to a longer island. However, as things are currently I can’t. I hardly have enough legendary runes to cover my 5th planed island, let alone any good mythic runes. Being able to increase the probability of me getting a good mythic glyph by 25% would be a huge win! As well as being fairly easy for pg to code in. I cannot think of any down sides :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Will add that a decent glyph might be enough incentive for my wallet to creak open

5 Likes

Great idea!

2 Likes

Agreed. Would be a simple and easy change that would positively impact user sentiment towards PG.

Win:Win

2 Likes

They will just add balista glyphs or turret glyphs, maybee if lucky also canon.

1 Like

Would be better to split it. Base glyph for fort event, and Dragon glyph for breed.
Then people can choose to focus on what they need.

5 Likes

As I said, the aim for this is not the quality of glyphs offered, although it should be looked into - it’s just to have the mythic glyph available in the single event that doesn’t have it at this point. Worst case scenario? Free 400k rune dust for you if you end up getting the glyph going for your usual breeding goal and not liking the glyph, I’m sure we can all use rune dust. :slight_smile:

This is a nice idea too that’s worth consideration once we have mythic glyphs added!

4 Likes

Not only the mythic glyph absence but also sigils prize is very poor than the other events when egg tokens are very rare, we collect egg token by lots of hard work behind it so after spending hardworking token we got poor sigils :pensive::pensive::pensive: this is very sad :pensive:

This post isn’t about sigils, simply the addition of a mythic glyph - there are a lot of other valid concerns about game issues, but this post simply isn’t meant to address those, they deserve topics of their own, because they’re extensive subjects.

1 Like

Ok…

New potential reason to not include mythic glyphs is that breeding is the one event people can be capped because they already bred all available dragons? :man_shrugging:t3:

Research eggs exist. They can still breed if they want to.

1 Like

Can breed for next tier research, it’ll never hurt anyone. I’m not sure why you wouldn’t want a mythic glyph in breeding, especially that it’s now the only event without one. Similarly, people can be capped for towers and don’t want to build new ones - I know some people that would rather hoard the timers. Does that mean fort shouldn’t have a mythic glyph?

1 Like

I need a mythic dark flak hp to replace this one along with a ton of rune dust cause I’m bleeding dry right now

3 Likes

That setup :drooling_face:

1 Like