Mythic perch dragons vs event dragons

hello

I am new to this but I am looking for some guidance on perch dragons/riders. Currently I have Stormheim with Bjorn as a bonded rider. Someone suggested this move of using a Mythic/Stormheim as a perch dragon with a rider on Seagazer perch. I did this and it increased my defense significantly some time ago.

I want to improve the Perch way back then when I put Stormheim on the perch the emphasis was it should be a Mythic dragon. but looking at a comparison between Stormheim and some of my event dragons there seems to be a huge difference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Now a limitation may be that we are not an Atlas team yet

Thanks in advance

Lbo6207

The reason it is recommended to use a mythic warrior is it
A: Wards a tower for a bunch of HP
B:Gives everything extra HP

And good luck getting atlas!

3 Likes

Event dragons won’t do this? regardless of level?

Should I breed a mythic warrior that is not in Red’s breeding path? Currently Destar is a Mythic Warrior that I have bred past the 1/2 way point through auto-breeding not by design

Thanks

1 Like

A mythic warrior that you get from seasons does this.If you are breeding destar make sure you use the cheapest way you can

3 Likes

ok so I have no Mythic event warriors at this time. So I guess I will look at Destar during next breeding event…What do you mean by “cheapest way”?

Thanks

1 Like

Jotun+Balhm if I remeber is the way that uses the least egg tokens

2 Likes

Event dragons do this as well, but you’ll miss the additional ward if it’s not mythic. Biggest boost comes from gear though, if you haven’t started yet I’d work on crafting a full set of elite gear and level it up as quickly as possible.

1 Like

mythic from breeding or mythic from seasons makes no difference except in terms of perch damage output which if your not end game doesn’t matter all that matters is it has mythic status to get the extra benefit as a matter of fact you can get by just fine well into the 400 by simply putting mehaten(sapphire mythic warrior first one you can get without spending ) on your perch with fire gear and leaving your perch at level 31 extra levels after that do nothing but give the perch more health and the higher dragons tiers give it more damage but ultimately it’s a glorified archer tower in terms of defensive power you won’t need to min max that until you are well into end game status imo

as to whether or not you should deviate from a breeding path that is a very hard no if that dragon is not in you path then skip it most often it will cost you a lot to get it and it’s not worth it. it’s better to progress the tiers faster most lineage dragons aren’t worth getting anyways once you start getting seasonal ones ( handful of exceptions ofcourse)

3 Likes

He doesn’t have atlas

Oh that sucks…

Perch buffs are static buffs, they do not change based on the dragon on the perch. Ex: Lockjaw will give the 15% tower health and 25% tower ward buff, and so will Stormheim. The only things that change are the amount of damage the dragons do, and the health of the perch itself.

So that 15/25% is based off of the towers on the islands covered by the perch.

2 Likes

Ways to breed Destar:

2 Likes

Well… “cheapest” would be the opposite of “most expensive”… and in this case he is referring to egg token cost… so use a backbreed for it.

1 Like

It dont matter if its a season or linage mythic, both add ramdom ward to one tower. But its random and most of times picks useless towers, even a totem.

1 Like

Does that mean mythic warrior isnt best choice for perch?

If its a max tier one for your base sure, but if your gear fits an legendary 1 or 2 tiers higher then a mythic, definitly pick the legendary as your perch will be a 6th kill tower with high dps.

Not true, health of perch itself only is affected by its level, not by the dragon you put on it. Only dps by the dragon is affected by Tier of Dragon+ Tower.

1 Like

Correct. Sorry for the mixup; in my head I was combining levelling the perch with changing dragons (since they were talking about upgrading the perch for new tiers)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.