Neptus Tidal wave not working

Unless i am missing something the damage multiplier from tidal wave is not working properly atm.

Even if you use his base attack before runes/rider/boosts/gear its still coming out incorect, just looking to find out where the base value before the 1200% buff is coming from?

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed it too, it won’t one shot level 60 towers. Mine is at the same level as yours as well. I have decent runes which should push his tidal over the HP of those towers, but it might be just based on base attack without runes/research. I hope it’s just a glitch because he just got a lot weaker if it isn’t.

2 Likes

Does your’s do 14.9mil as well?

Weren’t level 57 towers scaled to have the old level 60 stats and new stats added to the level 58-60 range?
Like yesterday?

Run against some level 57’s and see if tidal surge still works the same against those.

Yes they one shot those level towers. It’s level 59-60 that they don’t which, after looking at the numbers, they technically should be able to one shot…

1 Like

I have 3 questions about the skills and runes for Neptus.

1. The runes in Neptus line will “increase attack power” of dragons. Does this “increase attack power” apply to dragons normal attack damage and health? Or just simply boost the damage for tidal surge.
  2. Other runes (like rage) could also boost dragon attack power, does tidal surge benefit from other runes also?
  3. Could riders+gears and att/def boosts increase the damage of tidal surge?

Sorry for these silly questions. Try to figure out these spells and runes.
Thanks in advance!!

1. The runes will boost base damage
  2. Yes I think so
  3. No because it boosts the dragon not the rider

We are not question towers here. The stats are wrong, tower have more hp yes but the damage output from neptus is way under what the stats say it should be.

1 Like

Thank you so much, buddy:grinning:
That sounds really cool!

‘I have 3 questions about the skills and runes for Neptus.

The runes in Neptus line will “increase attack power” of dragons. Does this “increase attack power” apply to dragons normal attack damage and health? Or just simply boost the damage for tidal surge.
Other runes (like rage) could also boost dragon attack power, does tidal surge benefit from other runes also?
Could riders+gears and att/def boosts increase the damage of tidal surge?’

1. Supposed to increase base attack damage, i.e., DPS
  2. Indirectly…runes boost DPS and TS increase is based on that, similar to other spells with DPS increase per shot…I believe

3.again… indirectly, following same logic.

And yes, I noticed a change too, but it seems to only happen when I hit with normal brine attack first. Then it occasionally doesn’t even do damage, but the spell clocks refresh.

Thank you so much for the explanation, buddy. That’s really helpful.
In this case, it sounds to me that: it’s the special runes that make Neptus stronger than others. Though he is marked as a legendary dragon, but with the power boost runes, he is going to have mythic stats. If equipped Noctua with same power boost runes as Neptus, I’ll have a “mythic obsidian Noctua” and they will have similar power and performance in obsidian lvl. (The damage of TS don’t really matter as long as it can one-shot kill a tower). And if I save the rune for the upcoming new-awesome-harbinger-hunter, it’ll have harbinger mythic stats and may out-perform Neptus.
Just some thoughts about the runes and the dragons, not saying it’s a bad dragon. Let me know if I’m under the wrong direction.

Neptus is a mythic dragon and it being that will have much higher base stats than noctua with them both maxed at obsidian level.
The runes from neptus will not bring noctuas attack up to the stats of neptus, another big difference though is the den level needed to cap each dragon and the difference in spell sets that make noctua great also.

Pulled these from sandbergs site so you can compare -

Hope that helps.

Back to the origional point, does anyone know the correct pg employee to tag for this thread looking into neptus tidal wave underperforming from the advertised amount?

@PGCrisis we can start there

1 Like

Sorry but I would answer those questions differently:

1. The rune says "Dragon Attack +X%. This raises only the raw attack stat of a dragon and thus also boosts Tidal Surge as the skill multiplies dragon attack by 1200%.
  2. Attack and Attack Power are two different things. Attack is the actual base stat that determines the damage dealt. Attack Power is simply a visual number indicating the overall strength of the dragon in terms of different factors like dragon tier, dragon level and runes applied (rune rarity and level). Rage runes don‘t actually add Attack or increase the dragon‘s stats, it‘s only visually reflected by Dragon Power so Tidal Surge does not benefit from those other runes.
  3. Yes, Rider skills, rider gear and dragon boosts increase the attack and HP stats of a dragon. The higher the attack, the more damage Tidal Surge should deal.
1 Like

Thanks for your reply, MareZ. So PG burred the idea again :rofl:
In the spell preview posts, the spell description is:

Tidal Surge - Active, 1 Rage, White
After 0.7 seconds, targeted tower takes 1200% of Dragon’s Attack Power as damage. Dragon heals for 8% of its max HP. Spell has a 4.5 second cooldown.
Learned at Level 1

And the rune description on the Season claim page also saying: Equip on your dragons to increase Attack Power (rx_*_dragonAttackModifier)

But the spell is actually based on damage not Attack Power.

Yeah I suppose they meant the dragon attack which is not displayed ingame but can be found on the Dragon-Manager website (AP = Attack Points which is actually Dragon Attack ingame - PL = Power Level which is Attack Power ingame).
@Sandberg maybe this should be changed/explained on your website?

Atleast the rune is correct:

Ok guys. I did some math about the TS damage.

Some basic information:
(1) The AP column in DRAGON-MANAGER’s website shows the true base_AP for a dragon. It’s a different term from what we see on the screen shot. Thanks for the information from @MareZ
(2) Dragon_AP = base_AP * multiplier(research, rider, gear)
(3) 30% att boost don’t influence Dragon_AP. Regular rune don’t influence Dragon_AP.
(4)** Neptus fury rune is supposed to add value to the multiplier.
(5) Damage/sec (in screen shot) = 2 * Dragon_AP (for hunter)
(The above conclusion is based on data of my lvl 37 no-rune aster, lvl 50 Ferga with rune and a lvl 48 morphos with rune+rider)

So @Yiazmat here is the value for a lvl 45 Neptus:
(1) Base_AP from website: 784806
(2) Research multiplier: 24% = 12% hunter damage + 12% dragon damage
(3) Rider multiplier: 18% = 8% from Tor + 10% from event gear
(4) I assume you equipped the Neptus Fury mythic rune: 8.5%

So your Neptus will have:
(1) Dragon_AP = 784806*(1+0.24+0.18+0.085) = 1.18m
(2) Damage/sec = Dragon_AP * 2 = 2.36m
(3) TS damage = Dragon_AP * 12 = 14.17m
I see the screen shot says 14.9m for the damage, which is similar to the above estimated value. I probably missed something about the differences. But generally they are in the same scale.
A lvl 60 lightning tower is around 15m health after 30% boost, so I assume your TS would almost kill a lightning. But if the lightning is boosted by a perch or under ice-turret’s protection, you might meet trouble. Also I don’t think it’ll be enough to kill lvl 60 farms.

Hope these help!
Sorry for the long reply and thanks again to @MareZ @mechengg @DefendedSkies @Panda for your valuable information.

5 Likes

ok just scrapped my previous reply, the base is the 503 and i just noticed the lvl 50 ice totem so thats whats throwing the numbers off.

Thanks for figuring this out

1 Like

This thread can be closed if any mods come along, cheers