Hey PG & the WD community,
now that the originally announced Elemental Flak Family was fully released with the latest addition of the Ice Flak, it‘s time to talk about future base and tower diversification.
When we compare projectile to elemental (non projectile) towers, we can say that there are basically:
- 3 projectile damage towers (Cannon/Archer/Treb)
- 1 projectile low damage tower (Ballista, just ignore this one)
- 6 elemental damage towers (Dark Flak, Fire Flak, Ice Flak, Ice Turret, Fire Turret, Lightning)
- 1 elemental low damage/support tower (Storm)
Basically, this is 3 projectile towers vs. 7 elemental towers of which 2 are semi premium and 3 are premium towers.
As I‘ve heard rumors about possible additions to the Elemental Flaks, I would like to propose a new projectile tower to be added next.
Here are some ideas to spark the discussion, which are not necessarily part of this proposal
- The new projectile tower could be a semi premium tower (way for PG to make money) which uses larger quantities of either Ice or Fire Shards (make those gold chest drops worth something again).
- Since projectile towers fire fairly slow and can be easily dodged, a new tower could function like a Minigun and deal a constant stream of instant-damage with small projectiles. Those projectiles can‘t be dodged so easily and grant more diversity to the base layout, eventually with a greater range than normal towers.
- A new tower could also work vastly different than damage towers. Think about a support tower that shoots projectiles like heavy metal hooks with ropes attached. The regular attack would fire quickly and deal a great amount of damage per hit but needs a much longer time to reload. The super attack would attach the hooks to the dragon and pull him with the ropes so he would be confused and debuffed. Due to the debuff maybe the dragon will tale in reased damage and shoot targets randomely while gaining a rage bar (hunters would waste some ammo shooting randomely, warriors and sorcs would also spray damage across many towers). This would be quite interesting to see if making the dragon more angry (charging it with rage) is worth it to have a chance at killing it faster and wasting its ability to focus fire on key targets.
Let me know if you think we need a new projectile tower!
Also feel free to come up with ideas how a new tower could diversify our bases!
Please stay on topic and be respectful