UVS’s last three prizes unlock tomorrow, which many of us assumed meant that a new dragon tier was coming out this week in connection with breed. However, this does not appear to be the case. So let me make sure I understand PG’s plan:
- Release UVS with a stone for the new tier that releases right before the second breeding event of the season.
- Players breed in first breeding event with the assumption that they will get a new tier next event.
- Players build in first fort of the season with that same assumption.
- Release spell scaling the week when new tier was supposed to come out rather than releasing the new tier.
- Suddenly bases with multiple islands of 75s seem weak even against Harbingers, let alone Vanguards or the hypothetical new tier.
- Rush release of 80s for next fort before new dragon tier even comes out.
- Whales build 80s, which are okay against Vanguards but will get ruined by the next tier’s dragons (using Vanguard eggs made just for this purpose, since there would be no naturally bred eggs from breeding the new tier).
What is the point of releasing the stone tomorrow if we can’t use it yet? Did PG deliberately trick the players into thinking the new tier would come out this week, or was there some sort of delay?