No summer warrior for low level players?

Am I blind or is the only warrior a mythic? I really need a warrior and there is no way as lvl91 that I can get more than one dragon.

There’ll be a warrior in the second release, in week 6, I believe. If you’re not interested in the discount dragon, you could wait for that.

2 Likes

Trust me buddy, as you level up, hunters will far surpass the usefulness of warriors. Get one now (use Ettin to train yourself up, he’s a great starting hunter) and learn it. You won’t regret it.
But yes, unless the festive dragon is a warrior, the mythic will be the only one this season. Sorry, there’s one coming out in week 6. :t_rex:

Honestly, I’m hoping the festive will be a good hunter :smiley:

2 Likes

Me too. I’m not impressed with the dragons so far so unless the other two dragons are good (three if you count festive) the only things i’ll be getting this season is the token boost and perhaps that defensive rider. :t_rex:

1 Like

On topic: Vorlon, you should try and calculate how many sigils you got last season. It’s possible that it would be more worth it to get the discount dragon for the goodies, then save and wait for another dragon…at least that’s what I did last season, no regrets.

Off topic: I need to get the discount dragon to platinum at least if I want the timers to get to level 84 next fortification, so I’m getting it ;-; Honestly, I’d take Leos over Coatl- at least the Lightbow portrait was eye-catching…

Is the defensive rider fully discounted or only the first page? This, and the gear itself, will decide how I’m spending sigils this season.

2 Likes

Only the first page is discounted. :t_rex:

1 Like

Great! I know what I’ll be doing come week 2 previews then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Festive won’t be a hunter. Only one hunter this season.

3 Likes

Are you certain? We had a sorcerer festive in Anuba and a warrior festive in Kirin, I think we are due a hunter.

1 Like

Not sure if they all fall under the ‘festive’ category, I think only Kirin was because of Valentines Day Chinese New Year (thanks to @OrcaFrost 's post below) .

But if you mean special offer dragons that start in Red Tier, you also need to add Nydryr to your list which make that two sorcs and one warrior :wink:

Also I think PG mentioned that the festive dragon usually aims to offer ‘experimental skillsets’ that are fun and different, so even if they ever bring a festive hunter, he most likely won’t be ‘good’ in terms of usability for wars.

2 Likes

More like Chinese New Year (well. Both are in the same week…)

1 Like

Eh, the Kirin is a mythical creature in Chinese literature, so I think you’re right. (The red packets are a thing during Chinese New Year too…) Too bad about the festive not being a hunter though.

1 Like

Yes they confirmed it on stream and it’s on @forScience stream notes thread.

Hardly. The notes clearly label it as speculation.

They did say “This is the only hunter of the season”, but in the context of talking about the week 6 wave. As the sentence goes on: “…so, there is a second sorcerer and a second warrior coming in.”. I think it’s likely they were not thinking about the festive dragon at all at that point, otherwise “second hunter and second warrior” (not third) also suggests it’s not a sorcerer or warrior either…

I admit it’s a stretch to hope for a useful hunter there, as there is nothing to suggest it is a hunter, and even if it is, the ‘experimental and fun’ part might well make it not that effective. But then again, they might make it a masterpiece by accident, you never know :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

:thinking: This is true too. Though the warrior is a mythic, so second legendary. But yeah, I think it’ll be safer that I just exclude speculation next time in case it turns into something else - oops :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Don’t trust PG, hope we get another hunter :rofl:
Fingers crossed

Problem is Chim is stuck at gold and I went for Equestor in winter and Airbean in spring. Gold lineage legendaries in my breeding path are both hunters. I get enough sigils for one dragon and the egg boost or one dragon and a rider. Gonna have a gap. Tx for the advice all.

It’s good to have a gap in warriors :slight_smile:

The larger the gap the better you are doing in the game

4 Likes

Hi,
when does this happen? I’m currently around level 126 in platinum league and hunters are still by far my least effective dragons. My sorcerer and warrior have a much easer time getting through bases.
It’s a sorcerer for me that I’ve been waiting for since summer. Wasn’t much to choose last season and waiting to see if there is one in this seasons second wave. Both have had far too many hunters in them.

1 Like