Official Discussion Thread - Somnus and Wave 2

Chiggity check it out, Dragon Lords - Somnus has returned from its dark slumber :open_mouth:

WD_SomnusResurrectionPromo_600X400_blogThumbnail

https://forums.wardragons.com/t/somnus-returns-from-its-slumber/145810/2

12 Likes

@Somnus Your very own Official discussion thread!

9 Likes

We lost the second wave dragon… For this?

12 Likes

While it fits the fall theme beautifully, even the spell modifications Wont make it viable

3 Likes

8 Likes

As with the rest of this season, great looking dragon in terms of actual looks but he’s terrible.

Are there any changes to the festive line, such as will it become a large source of timers like the wave 2 dragon usually was? If not then where did those timers go, will they be in the spell rider line?

Will the wave 2 stream be this friday? Will the spell rider details be shared during it?

Any idea when the Archmages will become transformable/mergable?
Edit: Orrery can finally be merged and transformed :partying_face:

12 Likes

Wait wait wait, so the “changes to make it fit in with atlas” are 20% more damage on a spell and 4s less on a cooldown, which still leaves the spell on an 11s cooldown? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

The game files say that the orrery is transformable/mergable per Morreion

Can confirm it is live with the update. Yay!

1 Like

Oh, and a fun blast from the past but Somnus was originally created during a twitch stream where viewers got to vote on different appearance features of the dragon and one of the artists (Kurt) sculpted them. It was actually really cool watching this hollow ball get turned into a dragon and seeing how they go about making them.
(Warning, the stream was 3hrs long)

Twitch, stop being a jerk and work properly :woman_facepalming:t2: :man_facepalming:t2:

8 Likes

Lol. Finally!

5 Likes

Yay, just updated it and saw it. Now that would have been something to announce. Maybe I dont even need to claim the line tomorrow if I can skip the charges levels.
Damn, I want to change my earth flak but I have these stupid exotic runes and glyphs that I paid for :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Earth flaks still better, orrery may have that annoying pull but they are easy to kill.

Enlighten me

3 Likes

In what way other than being harder to spot for attackers when you have other flaks around it?

4 Likes

Special attack for earth flak says 4.1b and for orrery says 357m…….doesn’t earth flak add hp?

According to Neon
Orrery shield: 170m HP
Earth Flak shield: 142m HP

https://wd.neon-wonderland.com/building/view/E20Q4Tower
https://wd.neon-wonderland.com/building/view/elementalFlakEarth

1 Like

But is that raw info before runes? There are no runes for orrery, so wouldn’t earth flaks still be better?

1 Like

Hmmm looks like orrery still has more hp but less attack

1 Like

No, I believe the shield is based on 30% of the Flak/Orrery’s own HP (@Morreion please correct me if Im wrong about that). An orrery has higher HP than an earth flak. At best you can make the earth match the orrery by adding full runes, research and using Kasima or Ant.

Even with 2 exotics and full research my EF has less attack than my orrery

1 Like