Pathox is way to weak

suggestion

Yes, I have pathox. When someone defences the base, I think if there is a dark flak then it is hard to not get hit by SS. But you gave a good point, I should try it. Thank you!

Can you cloak to dodge tower shot using normal hunter?

Maybe I was too slow, but I found the spell to take too much time. So I ran freeze only after cloak or to lead for when defenders exist.

But otherwise almost exactly what I was doing. Tagging the towers has huge advantage, and I see it done less often than I see adaptive resists toggled for the proper resist. You can see the huge damage difference…

No problem. I don’t find avoiding dark flak supershots to be an issue as much as say, a fire flak (which makes sense bc it fires faster and has longer range). That’s why I say it depends on the tower setup, but if not all five towers I can still usually manage at least 3 of them before I cloak.

Yeah tagging is a key part of the strategy imo. I’m trying solo runs at the moment so seeing how far I can push my pathox vs Fom. Still better with Fom atm.

I’ve been queuing crippling chill, firing on the turn, tagging everything I can, then going with spectral form/crippling chill repeatedly. So far I’ve been able to consistently take well built (ie only lvled their kill island) with about 33% more def power than Pathox. Even with defenders that aren’t the player. What gets me hasn’t been the kill islands, it’s fully lvled farms and lumber mills.

For farms I would suggest tagging them, cloak, chill chill etc until they’re dead. If defended then u need to just blast away at one farm at a time. Path isn’t a cleaner.

Equip death gaze? :woman_shrugging:

I wouldn’t say that, because of how slow its cloak is it isn’t a set-up either. Its a sorc/hunter hybrid. It has super high damage output dues to its spells, and should be able to handle farms okay. frieze and unload, cloak to gain rage and ammo, frieze and unload. wait. repeat. farms dead.

He blows through def towers well above his lvl but struggles with farms/mills above that. Especially if the farms/mills are on a long island in front of a secondary kill group.

Or maybe I just suck…that’s a real possibility.

:joy: maybe u do. And so might I, but also noticed the same problem lol

Key to farms (and other high level towers) and I believe it’s mentioned somewhere up at the top, is to hit the farms with a single normal shot to activate the passive “death’s door” spell PRIOR to chilling. Does significantly more damage as the tool tip for the spell denotes.

try it on your invader, you’ll see the purple/pink aura around the tower after a single shot.