PG&E can't be serious? PG HQ may lose electrcity

No%20Elec
PG&E can’t be serious about shutting off electricity for SF and San Jose??? The financial cost alone…

@PGJared You guys have plans to relocate to Monterey and play Pebble beach?

1 Like

Everything is moving forward as planned. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Isn’t PG in Los Angeles? And why would they cut off the electricity?

1 Like

I don’t know of any published locations in LA.

1 Like

Wow that’s rough. I wonder if it’ll affect their clean water supply and sewer system. That makes losing electricity worse. And the loss of traffic lights. And the hospitals and other emergency services. And OMG! What about War Dragons??? :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

And this is why I have a manual can opener as a backup for my electric one. One of the levels of Hell is having a pantry full of canned goods and no way to open them. :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

I’ve done no electricity for 15 days after a hurricane in August. Nothing fun about it and we had time to prepare with outdoor cooking equipment, food stocking, etc.

I can’t imagine a dense metro area without it for more than a few hours.

1 Like

Google says they’re located in San Francisco :eyes:

and now I have an address to send my cookies to

5 Likes

Dude I would’ve got out of town. Ain’t no way I could stand the heat and humidity.

1 Like

Elena%20sucked
It was not fun. We had over 30 pine trees that fell and had to be cleared afterwards in that heat and humidity as well.

1 Like

Ain’t no way. I would’ve got a boyfriend / husband and got him to take care of that for me. Perks of being a female with perkies. :nail_care:t2:

4 Likes

I’m sure the people of Paradise, CA would have traded a day or two without power for the carnage that destroyed their town last year due to pg&e’s equipment starting fires.

1 Like

I’m not defending PG&E as our facility in Calabasas was damaged and many of our employees were impacted. I do however have a hard time imagining the chaos in SF with an extended outage. Lives are very much at risk in such a scenario just as with a wild fire.

Maybe it’s a damned if they do and damned if they don’t scenario. I’m thankful I don’t have to make those types of decisions.

2 Likes

Don’t worry. PG&E updated their Terms of Use to exclude wild fires as an actionable offense. We all know ToU and ToS are ironclad, so they will be fine.

2 Likes

That’s not dodging work. I know my physical limitations and embrace it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Because their faulty equipment caused thé 2017 fire for sure and I believe the 2018 fire. many people died and lost their homes…Pge have declared bankruptcy to avoid liability. So far the electricity is still on but it’s not just the areas as you mentioned but much of No Cal.

1 Like

Why were they allowed to install faulty equipment? I thought California has laws for everything.

Edit: Sorry, I’m not good with tracking news.

1 Like

Didn’t mean to imply you were defending them. Its definitely a bad situation for any company to be stuck in. They just need to get their act together and get their infrastructure repaired and improved so situations like this dont arise. I’m sure they lose alot less money cutting off the power for a few days over the billions in lawsuits they are currently facing.

1 Like

It wasnt installed faulty. I believe it’s just old equipment and infrastructure that has worn out and not getting replaced in a timely manner. Utility companies are one of the only government sanctioned monopolies due to the design of the grids. Unfortunately with monopolies the companies tend to be able to get away with subpar services since you cant get the needed service elsewhere.

2 Likes

they have had two years to fix their equipment

1 Like