PG Galileo Office Hours - (11/30-12/4)

Office Hours - when I’m specifically on the forums
11a-11:30am PST Mon/Weds (when available)
4pm-4:30pm PST Tues/Thurs (when available)

Hi gang, we’re back for a full week. So it’ll be normal for us!

This thread will allow me to come in and focus on forum stuff. Before you ask questions, you might find this FAQ about me helpful! also the Code of Conduct is useful, too!

You’re all welcome to join me in this thread and have fun, or ask serious questions!

Basically, it will function as an AMA. I’ll do these whenever I can, but if someone schedules a meeting or something, I’ll have to take that.

I’m also still around outside of these times, but this is when I will focus on the forums instead of hopping in and out like I normally do.

4 Likes

Reminder that if there is nothing with Chunk in the top 3 for the contest, I will be a very unhappy man.
:chunk:

5 Likes

How was your holiday?

Not great, couldn’t go home and my family lives in an absolute dumpster fire area of the US where everyone is getting v sick and dying thanks to COVID. I also had to cancel a trip to see friends and spent Thanksgiving in my room eating pita. But I am grateful to have a place to live, be employed, and have food to eat, and be healthy.

I did finish a couple of books (Gideon the Ninth and So You Want To Talk About Race), though - and I ran a half marathon last week which was rewarding!

16 Likes

Wow this is really incredible, I am thankful that you still take the time to answer almost everything that we ask on this forum, you do an awesome job and i don’t care what people say about PG, even if you make my life harder in the game, i love this game and just continue to grow and make my way to the end game. Maybe everything is more expansive but as you said it’s because of the difficult times and it’s all about something we do not understand (i do understand quite some things but i can’t say that i would do better so it’s perfect for me lol)

Keep going you’re a wholesome person and as a present i’ll try my best to keep this forum active with posting my thoughts and my drawings + maybe my stories and my invented dragons .

Have a wonderful day @PGGalileo and again thank you for all your hard work :smile_cat:
I hope it’s make your day a bit happier :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Three things to ask for updates about -
Any changes planned to the notifications options in game?
Any word on considerations for skipping or shortening the temple raid temple guardians battles which have been raised by players?
Any word on possible open all chests feature for new season?
Thanks

2 Likes

@PGGalileo
Just want to check that the season is extended as usual until midnight PT, right?

The season clock says we have 1hr 30min left while the exotic rune says 7hrs 30min. Please confirm which is correct

Looks like they ended the season 6hrs early. Event menu is still up and you can get Souldance sigils from chests but cant spend them now. Smh
:woman_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Can you please check and make sure that the stats for quasar’s runes and glyph are correct. The main boost is attack even though his 3 active spells are hp based. Warriors almost always benefit more from hp, especially when they have a spell or passive that boosts attack. The main issue though is the fact that the boosts max out lower then any of the recent mythic divines, as well as most legendary divines.
The only recent divine with stats that low was hueso so I’m hoping it is just a mistake. If this was intended can we please get the reason for the change. Thank you

Not sure if I’m remembering this right but

X - quasar’s runes and glyph have less of a boost then any of the recent mythics and most legendary divines.
All of quasar’s active spells are based on hp yet his runes and glyph boost attack.

Y - players will have to use runes and glyphs from past seasonal divines to be able to boost quasar as much as previous mythics. Newer players will have a harder time unleashing quasar’s true power.

Z - raise the primary stats to the runes and glyph so their max is the same as previous/current divines.
Change the boost from attack to hp so more of his spells are boosted.

I obviously haven’t flown quasar yet so if attack does somehow benefit quasar more then hp perhaps we could just get an explanation from the designer. Would actually be great if players could choose between attack or hp like in the exotic lines, although there is usually one that is clearly better for certain dragons.

1 Like

The back end tasks to prevent attacks on an island and reset progress were out of line with the front end storm cloud. So at 30 min after the battle phase started the backend assumed the storm had reached the top island (restting the progress and preventing attacks).

We fixed the timings and have checked that the next reset and attack block will be in line with the front end cloud.

Both issues above should now be resolved, unfortunately we cannot restore the progress made on the first island, but from here on out everything should be normal. We will be sending out an apology gift for the rough start. Thanks all for you pings letting us know there were issues.

2 Likes

I certainly hope PG will be actually considering the amount of rss people lost from this. 5 gold chests, inner fires and energy doesnt exactly cover multiple mega coins worth of lost progress.

Also is PG going to acknowledge at all the issue with the Souldance seasonal clock and how the season ended 6hrs earlier than normal? I’ve yet to see any comment about it from yall

I’m not sure why the season ended earlier than normal. Was the timer correct or was it off?

If you spent more RSS, feel free to submit a ticket requesting a review of your account before and after the change. The support team will be in charge of reviewing that and deciding what to do!

1 Like

The seasonal timer was off by 6hrs while the exotic glyph clock was correct. For the last I cant even remember how many seasons the season has always ended at midnight PT with the event menu staying around for an extra 6hrs on that day to give everyone extra time to spend last minute sigils. Instead the season ended at 6pm PT (the time the event menu goes away during any other week that isnt the end of a season). When this happened the event menu was still up and you could even open chests and get Souldance sigils but the season tab was inaccessible as shown above so those sigils couldnt be used

I get people shouldnt wait until the last minute to spend their sigils but you had people who were at work, expecting to be able to get home and spend their sigils only to find the season had ended early

6 Likes

I would still love an answer to why the runes and glyph boost attack instead of hp, please.

@PGGalileo would y’all ever resurrect festives? This is my only request regarding resurrection of a dragon… because I would love another chance at Sakura. At the end of her season, I couldn’t finish her because my game would always glitch and crash at 50% on the loading screen.

:firefin:

1 Like

Yes, FireFin too :joy: - I never went for that cute little pufferfish and I regret it lol

1 Like

You know that’s an interesting thought. Current Festives are now using the fragment system with Draconic chests. What if we just upgraded all existing festives to work that way too? I mean I would love to be able to upgrade my Somnus. That way there is a true distinction between festive dragons and normal dragons?

1 Like

RIP Draconics

2 Likes