PG owes us for wars we would have won

Seriously this crap is getting freaking old PG. you guys screw up big time and we all get penalized in our wars. You messed up - YOU did - and somehow we get screwed out of wars. How many years have you been doing this game?

1 Like

:roll_eyes: because they canceled it due to issues of folks who couldnt log in? and was having issues with update?

No that is simple common sense. They should have cancelled when they disabled the war declarations BEFORE everyone invested time and resources, then no one would have had any issue what so ever.

Let’s hope they make better decisions next time.

4 Likes

I feel a strong sense of deja vu here

3 Likes

Agreed 100%. If they knew they were releasing update they should have kept wars disabled. We declared before they even announced an update.

But they didn’t. And our team used likely thousands of combined hammers and boosts. Now it’s “cancelled.”

Any team that had a war should get a compensation package with hammers and boosts. Even if it doesn’t make me even, it at least acknowledges that they botched it.

9 Likes

our team would have won a war and got enough points to move up a league, thanx PG YOU screwed us out of egg tokens, vp points boosts and league change.

1 Like

vp points? u can always re war them and u can still move up there is still time

League change already happened so all of you who are arguing about “missing out” on promotion are talking nonsense. You can war all this week.

Those who continued to war, there was every chance that wars would be cancelled. You knew there would be players on the opposing team (and your own) who couldn’t play. Even if they were not cancelled and you lost, see point 1 above.

Stop the complaining already. This forum is like a bunch of 5 yr olds crying NOT FAIR.

4 Likes

Except that’s not true. PG didn’t announce the update prior to wars being declared. So a team could have declared, then PG announces their update, then war starts, then new update breaks the game. Teams spent resources prior to the update even being available.

League change has already happened, so that part I agree with. But taking your statement at face value is sort of ridiculous. “We at PG know we screw up updates so if we plan on an update you shouldn’t war because it should be expected they are cancelled. And don’t bother defending in the event it is cancelled.” is essentially what you said.

2 Likes

almost the exact same thing happened in november. nothing was done. i’d expect the same treatment now as well.

1 Like

do another war?

Ask PG to give them the hammers they are missing out of your account?

Would be great if pg didn’t just have copy and paste answers for every ticket. We will be getting 50 sigils and a couple nice one time use dragon boosts for our troubles. #thankful :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Do you mean like this one?

2 Likes

For every team that believes they were cost a war there’s a team that would be furious that they lost a war because their team members couldn’t get into the game.

PG made the right decision maybe they announced it lat but I saw early on they were disabling wars which I assumed meant they would also cancel ongoing wars. They should have made it explicit at the time but it was still the right decision.

9 Likes

I agree, cancelling the wars makes sense. There should be zero guess work by customers however. Historically more wars went ahead than were cancelled when issues previously cropped up, even when declarations were disabled.

Clear and timely decisions should be made. Recognition that player invest time and resources is unilaterally not recognized by PG when it comes to most aspects of the game. It’s early in the week, cancelling wars have negligible impact when the rest of the week is available. The decision should have been made as soon as they realized the scope and that a push through Apple was required.

As in the past I would suggest and hope that when PG does put together compensation that they error on the side of generous and that they take league/team activity into account. It’s impossible to compensate on an individual basis, but I can pretty much guarantee that Diamond teams went through many more resources than Gold team wars and that teams with multiple wars went through a lot more resources than teams with one war. I’d also hope that they already have stats on the average resource use during wars for each league since that should be part of their current resource balancing investigation.

3 Likes

The lack of communication of this update and the problems that continue to arise shows lack of knowledge and respect for each and every player that invests time and money into this game!

I am sad for the number of hammers I used in defending in a war that didn’t count…

4 Likes

PGwould rather owe it to un, than cheat us.

1 Like

Let’s say they didn’t cancel, and you ONLY ‘won’ because the other team couldn’t even log into the darn game in the first place.

They had to choose a lesser evil, this was it. It isn’t fair and nothing like this will ever be fair, but it resulted in the LEAST amount of collateral damage. People lost resources, but teams otherwise remained put exactly where they were before. Is it really worth the annoying argument? None of this is going to matter in a week anyway.

11 Likes