PGGalileo Office Hours (11/9-11/13)

Office Hours - when I’m specifically on the forums
11a-11:30am PST Mon/Weds (when available)
4pm-4:30pm PST Tues/Thurs (when available)

Note: Unfortunately, I have felt the need and chosen to levy several forum suspensions in the last couple of weeks as tensions have risen, and in cases of suspension - boiled over. When I suspend people, for the most part, I am doing so in order to give players a mandatory cooldown period from posting on the forums. It is my hope that this cooldown period gives folks a time to step back and collect themselves – and ultimately not get themselves in more trouble.

If you find yourself on the receiving end of a suspension and not a ban, it’s because I believe in you and your ability to come back and do better. I rarely ban people outright.

While being a player gives you license to critique PG’s decisions, it does not give you license to treat other human beings poorly. Part of the reason internet culture becomes so toxic is because people post vitriol without fear of personal repercussions because of anonymity and a technology that short-circuits our natural emotional and cognitive empathic response mechanisms.

Or, as Mike Tyson said, “Social media is making y’all too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it.”

While I don’t condone Iron Mike’s behavior or violence, I think the idea behind the quote is true.

Generally, I am fairly lenient. I know that passionate responses are are a result of caring about the game, and the work you’ve put into the WD.

I have noticed a somewhat disturbing trend where some users seem to hope PG will fail, or revel in schadenfreude when there is even the tiniest error, mistake, or glitch. This is what I consider dangerous territory for community health. Necrotic, even. This behavior is not unique to War Dragons; I see this happen in communities that I’m a member of, and in past communities that I’ve managed. There are people that stick around on the forums after they’ve quit just to gloat about failures large and small. This is not acceptable and I will be cracking down harder on it. Nobody should be forced to read that toxicity, especially when it’s about a game that you love.

Anyway, remember - there is another person on the opposite side of your words. I know this is difficult. I personally have to try and consider thousands and thousands of people reading everything that I write. It’s hard. It’s exhausting. I get it. But you gotta try. And if you don’t have the energy to try, you don’t have to post. Take a minute, collect yourself, and come back.

So, “Be excellent to each other.”

This thread will allow me to come in and focus on forum stuff. Before you ask questions, you might find this FAQ about me helpful! also the Code of Conduct is useful, too!

You’re all welcome to join me in this thread and have fun, or ask serious questions!

Basically, it will function as an AMA. I’ll do these whenever I can, but if someone schedules a meeting or something, I’ll have to take that.

I’m also still around outside of these times, but this is when I will focus on the forums instead of hopping in and out like I normally do.

28 Likes

Can we know costs of mythic verdants? :eyes: Or, when will the blog post go up that’ll include the costs?

Also, with regards to toxicity - I agree. I’ve personally read every single post in the land shuffle thread, and it was pretty sad how abrasive some posts were. I get people’s sentiment of being upset, but I don’t think being upset/angry is ever an excuse for indecency, but I’ll leave it at that. :see_no_evil:

You’re a champ for dealing with it all, thank you so much for all you do, and especially for working PLENTY of overtime during this time to try to get everyone answers asap! :heart:

17 Likes

I will be getting that blog post up today and will include costs!

9 Likes

I swear, you need a raise :joy:
Thank youuu for your hard work! :smiley:

6 Likes

You’re up early (still?). Hope you have a great Monday!

1 Like

Early. I hope to get a nap in before everyone else wakes up. I’m also writing before I’ve had any caffeine, so I’m trying to sound as sane as possible, but here I am quoting Mike Tyson, so~~

14 Likes

Do you ban people or do you pan people? Sorry someone needs to ask the important questions…

2 Likes

Since @PGGalileo wasn’t with us yet in 2017, source of the Pan:

3 Likes

Hopefully this week we can finally find out what is happening with Sepulla’s rune changes.
Any chance we can find out if we can expect a Souldance key exchange line at the start of the winter season?

Also just wanted to confirm, the PvP atlas shields are not going down after Fight Pits ends today and will stay up until Friday, correct?

3 Likes

@PGGalileo I have 3 questions for you:
1- Is there a lot of Swedish people working in the WD team? Because many dragons have Swedish names. It’s most probably a big coincidence but the sewage caps have the same symbol with the triangle like the event island.

2- What is the cap number of notifications here on the forum? With everything going on with atlas and all I am just curious if you get a ridiculous number or just the boring 99+.

3- who would you be happier to see returning: Gandalf or Neo?

These are the only serious questions I can think of right now

Lawson just got back from vacation so we should be able to look at Sepulla runes this week. We will have a Souldance key exchange, yes. At the start of the Winter season. Annnd PVP Atlas shields are up until Friday 9am PST.

5 Likes

Iiii don’t think so re: Swedes! I have no idea what the cap is! I make it a goal to snipe them all before it gets to whatever cap. Gandalf.

5 Likes

4lq4fk

1 Like

Awesome, thank you for the info and again thank you for all the extra work you put in over the weekend. We all appreciate it

P.S. Tell lawson to just make Sep’s mythic glyph a mythic rage glyph with 10.5% rage as the main just like Equestor’s :grin: :heart_eyes: and then keep the 8% sorcerer HP

2 Likes

@PGLawson - they are making demands :partying_face:

5 Likes

Oh, also is the 20% rss boost on Hueso’s line also currently boosting the number of Drac chests at the end? Will it decrease down to 3 chests after the boost ends tomorrow or will it still be 4 chests on Wednesday?

End node will remain 4 Draconic chests for 500 sigils. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

When can we expect a blog post :eyes: Within the next 30 minutes or should I go to bed? :cry:

I’m trying to get the blog post AND the Atlas Shuffle info out the door at the same time :sweat:

5 Likes