Phone Support Beta Discussion

Please discuss any questions or concerns with the phone support beta program proposed here.

Please keep things civil and constructive.

Post is duplicated below:

Hey folks,

We are going to be rolling out a beta test of a new phone support feature to try to improve our customer support abilities. Over the next couple of days, invites will be sent to a small (<500) group of active players whose game language is set to English. If you aren’t sent an invite to this beta, don’t sweat it; this is going to a very small randomized list of players. There is no method to be added to the list at this time.

Some details on this support beta:

** Right now, we have one agent handling the calls who will be working closely with me.*

** There will be specific hours of the day when calls are taken, and outside of that time, calls will go to voicemail.*

** Only players who receive an invite and register to participate in the beta will be able to speak to an agent over the phone. Anyone else who calls will go to voicemail.*

** All voicemails will be handled as normal tickets unless you are on the beta invite list.*

This is a PX-led and run initiative, so we are not diverting resources or engineers from other projects / bugfixing / etc.

What we’re looking to do is make reaching out to PX a more positive experience for everyone involved. We want to make sure that when you reach out to us, you are helped quickly and effectively, and don’t have to deal with a ton of back and forth. Of course this might not succeed, in which case we’ll continue working on other PX initiatives we have going on to improve support.

Also, this feature is not meant to take away from existing PX channels. Those channels will still be supported and maintained fully.

4 Likes

Will you update when invites have gone out (so we know that we haven’t been invited)?

1 Like

Yep! They should all go out today, barring any weirdness.

I hope I’ve been invited. This seems like a great feature that hopefully Beta will prove it’s worth it. Any chance to help the PX team and issues players have with support is approved in my book!

2 Likes

I’m waiting :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
I usually have so much to … say

2 Likes

The type of device you play on won’t affect your ability to be part of the beta test, will it? :thinking:

I saw “phone support” and initially thought only people who played on smart phones could use this system :see_no_evil:

As long as you own a phone, you’re good. Like, you can play on a tablet and still be able to contact us via phone if you have a phone.

If you play on tablet and have no phone or method of calling a phone number, you’re probably out.

1 Like

PM me if you need my email address to send me a personalized registration sheet Jared :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Is the beta specifically targeting support over a phone vs in game ticket, or is it also aimed at starting with a higher tiered support person as a first contact point?

This could be a game changer and probably a smart move to at least try it. I just hope its implimentation is better executed than the daily deals in the shop :man_shrugging:.

:rofl: Sorry had to throw that last bit in there. I really hope it works as it could be a feature that would entice me to stay over another game if that day ever comes.

I’m kinda curious: Of a sample of <500 players, how often do you expect them to be contacting Support, to make this an effective test run?

One would (hopefully) assume that in the average week, there’d be a bare handful of calls, since hopefully less than 1% of players contact Support in a given week. Unless there was some major problem with an update, in which case you’d have 1k+ calls all within an 8-hour period.

3 Likes

I personally hate talking on the phone so I’d probably stick to the old system :rofl:

4 Likes

You and me both. Though I wouldn’t be opposed to one of those live-chat/instant-messaging services. Especially since that’d still allow the integration of sending screenshots and such.

3 Likes

I’ll wager a million dollars I don’t get an invite. Even though I have a nice phone voice and I’m very pleasant.

7 Likes

It’s aimed at seeing if providing a faster-turnaround, more empowered / trained agent experience will result in sufficiently higher satisfaction / engagement.

3 Likes

It’s not number of contacts per day that will determine success. First barrier is number of respondents. If we send the invite to 500 people and 50 respond, we have to re-think some strategy. Second is results. Are we actually resolving issues for these players more quickly? Third is metrics. Did this move the needles we thought it would to the degree which justifies the costs.

Fair and reasonable. I also dislike phone calls unless I’m trying to get something handled immediately.

That’s something we’re playing around with.

I did ask that the search criteria involved “doesn’t have more SNES and NES carts than Jared does”.

10 Likes

Im down

1 Like

If I get invited to the beta are you gonna break my game so I have a reason to call support?

Please don’t break my game… :frowning:

3 Likes

What about people who do speak English but live in Australia, UK, India or somewhere else? If they call San Francisco they could have international fees with calls, or did I miss something? :thinking:

Hi Jared! Long time no see!

How many rune removal calls are we predicting?

5 Likes