Platinum Leagues sorted into Atlas & non-Atlas factions

PG has announced that Platinum teams without Atlas will not be getting Atlas. There are many Platinum teams that have atlas and many that don’t. I’ve never had atlas, but I understand that there are many advantages to teams that have it. It seems only fair that when the leagues (angry rabbits or whatever) are assigned, teams with atlas compete with other atlas teams, and the same for those without.

I’ve heard others say the same thing in league chat, but I haven’t seen it discussed in the forums.

This seems like a relatively simple fix.

It has been discussed, at length, on the forums.

And those without Atlas can craft gear now, which allegedly makes those with and without Atlas, in PG’s eyes, equal.

But that being said, it seems like a good suggestion. In theory anyway, the platinum teams with atlas and those without should sort of naturally segregate anyway based on all the benefits of atlas. So wouldn’t you think it would just be a matter of time?

Happy birthday!

And yes, this has been discussed at length :sweat_smile: I’m not sure if there is an easy solution to the issue. Especially since there currently isn’t a meaningful way for non-Atlas players to grind for crafting scrolls or elemental shards without access to Atlas.

off topic: happy name day

on topic: unfortunately, PG seems to mostly be brushing their hands of all the atlas problems. At this point it’s kind of like Jurassic Park after all the fences went down.

Actual footage of when one of the big alliances comes for you

Actual footage of trying to compete without atlas against teams with atlas

2 Likes

Yeah, but not really. No scrolls, very few shards.

Just like the new XP bases are in no way comparable to an Invader base.

5 Likes

Don’t the dinosaurs lose in the end? Are you saying the non-atlas teams will ultimately prevail?

No, the people run for their lives and get off the island. The dinosaurs never lost unless you count the island exploding from a volcano (such a bad movie)

The T-Rex ex machina never loses except against the bigger ones

Oh, so the parallels really are uncanny!

I’m not saying it IS fair, just what we have been told to believe. And we kinda have beaten that horse/dinosaur to death already, with, as expected, no info/input from the PG overlords.

Off topic: Thanks you guys :+1:

3 Likes

The two changes given to non Atlas teams don’t work for us.
The crafting gear And shards are a step down from getting gear completed in the rider line.I just stopped getting riders.
The new official xp farms team is also odd. Aren’t they the same as the regular farms? They aren’t actually invader bases. We don’t use those either.

1 Like

But you’re “Happy” right?

:wink:

you must be since this was all part of the “Happiness Initiative”. The take away is you have to be very careful how you ask for what you want and leave zero room for PG to interpret.

PG sometimes reminds me of a Genie who is hard of hearing…

A guy walks into a tavern.

As he walked up to the bar he noticed a twelve-inch man playing the piano, so he asked the bartender, “What’s that all about?”

The bartender told him he that would tell him later.

So the guy asked the bartender for a drink.

The bartender said, “Before you get your drink, you get to rub the magic beer bottle and make one wish.”

“Okay,” said the guy.
He went over to the magic beer bottle and rubbed it.

Poof.

Out came a genie.

The genie, of course, said, “You have one wish.”

The guy thought about it and then wished for a million bucks.

A cloud of smoke filled the room, and then both the genie and the guy disappeared.

In a few minutes, the guy reappeared back in the bar with a million ducks all around him.

The guy was astounded and said to the bartender, “Hey! I didn’t want a million ducks.”

The bartender replied, “Do you think I wanted a twelve-inch Pianist?”

7 Likes

Not so much.

1 Like

With current game Dynamics I wonder what would happen if atlas teams couldn’t go to war with non atlas teams

Equal in there eyes, and offcourse it is there right to see it that way.
Unfortunately also a missed opportunity to keep new players in the game by having Atlas in a team were players learn from experts, (gold is full with young dedicated players)
However it’s in my eyes also a missed opportunity to let players like me ( lvl 250 with the eggs for obis) join a team were they guide new players, because not having a change on Atlas, as we all know how the rewards are in Atlas, and the xp runs are not to compare with the so called xpfarmteam based bases.
The must think something like that players who wanna have Atlas, will join a Atlas team, however i see atm players not joining a team with Atlas, but they delete the game to never return… What a shame.

1 Like

The biggest problem I see in telling someone just find a team with atlas and join them is the fact of your current team if you have been with them for a while usually have formed several friends I know it was hard for me to leave my former team to join atlas team there is alot of psychology behind it

Why guiding new players in my gold team if they going to fly to a Atlas team someday?
No way #pg that I will put more time in guiding new players, they leave my team for a Atlas team.

Edit, Last week 5 players quitted my team, 1 lvl 203 a 75 and 3 below 50 for a Atlas team.
Time to become egoistic and only think about my own account. :+1::+1: Well done Atlas. :laughing::see_no_evil:

Can you post link to that announcement? I havent seen it. Its contrary to what I recall being said previously.

That said, maybe it makes sense not to let any more teams into atlas

1. Atlas is too full already. Lots of lower platinum teams have either no castle or just one castle. And there is no more land available.
  2. There are plenty of open spots on teams with atlas. Most platinum teams have 2-3 alts on board holding spaces. Overall the game is contracting as more people leave the game than are replaced by new players.
  3. The atlas servers are already overloaded and very laggy. More teams will only make it slower and buggier.

It’s kinda buried in the atlas rollouts section. Gotta get to sapphire league and then you can get in.

PG have kind of painted themselves into a corner. I think a revamp of war and the league system miiight provide a way out if they are facing long term work to make atlas friendlier to more teams. I never like the idea of building a hard wall though.

not exactly the word to word kind of announcement, but PG did say that sapphire teams and above that doesn’t have access will once the next atlas season begins.

In a way, Lassisar interpreted it that way.