Pocket ID and WD Forum

It’s crazy that everytime I want to visit forum that I have to enter pocket ID. I navigate between the game and forum all the time, as recruitment officer, b,ut now I can’t stay logged in? Seriously PG…, do you test these changes?

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, nothing has changed on the backend of the Forums. Could you please explain what you’re experiencing? I will try to help you out. :slight_smile:

Maybe go into your browser settings and add the forums web address to your trusted list of websites.

Or check your cache settings

Lots of places where your browser could be the problem and not PG (not everything that fails is PG’s fault :joy:)

The in game access to the forums has been shot for a while now. Perhaps that’s what the OP is refering to… The in game forum access seems to break frequently when there are updates to the game.

2 Likes

Oh…lovely. Let me send an ask to the team to see if this is something we can work on in-game. It seems to be an issue when updating the game, but not the Forums itself.

Thanks for the information!

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I have a ticket in the system regarding in game forum issues. Initially, updating my iOS to the most recent version (to 11.3 from 11.2.5) caused the in game forum apperance to have it’s proper formatting stripped. Deleting the game and reinstalling it fixed that issue, but now it asks me to log in every time I try accesing it :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

:thinking: Do you guys only use the forums through the game, or do you login/logout from a browser too? Logging out from a session logs out all of them from what I recently noticed.

Edit: typo :see_no_evil:

I never log off the forums on safari. I’ve been using my iPad Pro almost exclusively (my laptop is in desperate need of replacement but I haven’t gotten around to that yet :sweat_smile:). Since my iPad has a passcode and fingerprint scanner, I don’t feel a need to log out of the forums. I actually keep a tab for the forums open in safari pretty much all the time.

I have been going back and forth with the zen desk over this issue. I stay logged on from safari but every single time I leave the forum in game I have to go through the sign in process. Sometimes multiple tries.

Weird. Never had an issue staying logged into the forums in-game, or via browser.

I only log into the forums through the game. It used to log me into the forums fine. The past few weeks, I always have to log in with my pocket ID each time. It’s annoying.

1 Like

It’s likely due to versioning. There may be some small fix for this, but it will likely always be wonky within a day or two of an update.

it never happened to me

i think i accessed forums from game about 2-3 times overall :rofl::rofl::rofl:

i usally enter the forums with my Galaxy S Browser - i never had to relogin within 5 months

guess if i delete cache and cookies i would have to … but would annoy me :shushing_face:

I have to enter Pocket ID info every single time I access the forums too. Really cumbersome. Is there any fix we can do on our end to save this info?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.