Predetermined war losses and gains

Im in this game for few years now but was never sure of this topic. As a new officer in my team i can see predetermined gains and losses in ratings and tokens when declaring wars.
My question is : Are those predetermined gains n losses static or can they depend on war statistics?
Laic: If we lose a war before it starts (49/50players) do we lose more tokens and ratings if we fight back anyway, or is it better not to deffend or attack in war at all and lose only predeterminded rating and tokens.

They are not static. They depends on the rating of teams by the time the war ends.

There is no influence to the war win/loss for tokens and rating like this. You either win, or lose. How much you win or lose by means nothing.

I believe it is when the war starts, not when it ends. So, if they are in a war at the time you declare, your gains or losses may be different, depending upon the outcome of that war.

Also, many simultaneous wars will mess things up, since tokens do not get generated out of nothing.

But I could be incorrect.

It goes by when it ends. If a bunch of teams declare on a team that has disbanded, the team that defeats them first will get the most points because the victim team will have the highest rating at that point. By the time the last team wins, they will get very few points because the victim team will have a much lower rating by then.

What would happen if the team did not lose any members and did not attack or defend at all?

All the wars would complete at the same time.

In that case they would all be worth the same amount- the amount that was originally shown.
(If I understand you correctly- you’re saying the wars would go all the way to the end because the victim team would not attack at all?)
This would push the victim team down a lot further than the other method

I haven’t seen that particular scenario. But yes, by not attacking or defending, the wars would not end until the full 24 hours had elapsed, even if all the attacking teams scored 250 points right away.

It would require all 50 players to stay, but it seems at least possible (even if extremely unlikely).

It goes by the relative ratings of the two teams at the time the wars end, so those ratings would not change if the wars go all the way until the end. But if some wars end early then the rating of the victim team would drop throughout the day.

So, the defending team in this hypothetical example could actually trick the system possibly to their advantage by forcing some wars to end early, lowering their standing and then winning the war against the highest ranked team or two who had attacked?

For example, having a member attack and 5 flame on the wars you do not want to end early. But kicking this member immediately after that. Bring in a placeholder until just before war ends (or right after losing the wars you are trying to throw), and then bring original member back.

If the remaining teams fought as usual, their wars would end early. Since it would not be possible for the defenders to get 250 on those wars.

Or maybe I’m crazy. :crazy_face:

This happened to me before but unintentional. I just did not notice if the “pre determined” rating and egg gains or losses changed for the other ongoing wars.:haircut_man:t2::man_facepalming:t3:

Splitting hairs a bit here but they’d technically be worth different amounts as all the opposing teams would have different ranking in comparision to the team being fought. I.e. an enemy team ranked lower than the team everyone jumped on would get more for beating them than a much higher ranked one if the wars finish at the same timw. (Just for clarity :slightly_smiling_face:)

Good point. You are absolutely right.

Yes, this scenario is definitely possible. Maybe we shouldn’t be giving people ideas! :joy::joy::joy:

Let him give new bloods idea :ghost:

There was a team who shall remain nameless that had a player banned and like 15 teams declared on them since they were down a person. This team systematically booted and brought back every single player before the war start time. Since all players were booted at one point and every team automatically won the war by virtue of having 250 flames, it tricked the system into thinking the team disbanded completely and the system cancelled all the wars.

As someone in a lower league where all wars basically go to the end of the 24 hours, they are considered in the order that you declare them. So it may say you get 15 rating points for each of these four wars, but when they all complete, it will be 15, 14, 12, and 11 for instance. It calculates each outcome one at a time even though they all end at the same time. At least that is what I have seen in my experience.

So many answers lol :slight_smile: this one i got from pg:
“Regarding your question, the values displayed (items you will gain or lose) before declaring a war is static. It will not change and there are no other factors that will affect it.”

All wars not completed before the end are evaluated by the rating differences at the time that they ended

In lesser leagues this is super common. If even one player does not go on either team it waits for the end. (Unless one team was down one or more player at the start, and the team with a full roster has everyone get 5 flames. Then it ends right tben)

You can manipulate your rating by winning a War earlier or losing a War earlier when you have multiple wars. For example if you have one War that you already lost, you can close it out on your end to take the loss, and then win the second war with a greater rating payout.

I’m unsure how tokens are paid out but ratings are just the difference between two teams ratings at the time that the war closes out. True Elo in that if you are higher ranked you get less, and the higher the difference the less. If you are lower you get more and the lower the difference the more you get.

Sorry I really doubt this

If you interpret this as it won’t change the rating number, that’s absolutely false. It even tells you on the declare that it’s an estimate I believe.