King Poachers have infiltrated Atlas! Send your armies to silence their Royal Guards and dethrone these heartless kingpins.
Send your troops to defeat increasingly large armies of Royal Guards at each King Poacher and earn greatly increased glory. Guards fight to the death – troops you lose cannot be revived. The team which earns the most glory at the poacher will capture its King and earn the most team points. Glory can be earned by killing Royal Guards or enemy Primarchs!
For a limited time, the Atlas Trading Bazaar will feature Kingslayer troops which can be exclusively deployed to fight Royal Guards and save your army precious time in this race to save Atlas. The store will also feature an Elite Kingpin value pack which greatly accelerates individual points earned during this week’s King Poachers event.
Bonus Details for the Intel-Hungry
- Poachers cannot be captured
- There is just a single “King” and an army of Royal Guards protecting it
- The king is captured by whichever team earns the most glory
- Players just press the attack button like like usual
- Troops lost killing guards cannot be revived, but much more glory is awarded
- When a player defeats a King’s guard army, a larger army will show up (up to 10 per poacher)
- Larger armies show up at higher level poachers (more grind required on weaker ones)
- Team points earned based on team rank when poacher ends
- More team points are earned the longer your team is the most recent team to have beat a guard. Don’t let enemies attack your poacher after you
- Individual points earned based on glory earned (like other major Atlas events)
- Limited-time additions
- Kingslayer Elite - value pack for a boost to current event points (found in a value pack)
Kingslayers - special troops which can be used to instantly beat royal guards (found at the Trading Bazaar)
- Or maybe the fiction for these should be more dragon magic-like (e.g., Kingslayer Fireball) rather than troop-like?
Disclaimer: As with all proposals, all of this is very tentative and highly subject to change (from your feedback especially!).
Some brief early thoughts from me: King Poachers will probably spawn less than regular poachers, so they will be a contentious resource. Exploring the world for the best ones may be a rewarding strategy for some. Working with your team will be important too in order to stay on top of the King Poacher (don’t let your enemy rack up points by being the most recent one to defeat a King Poacher’s guard!). The new Kingslayer Elite option is a direct result of feedback on the forum that we should try to appeal to a broad base of players willing to financially support the game’s development … it’ll be a great value, and I look forward to seeing how it goes!