EDIT by PGDave - I’m adding in the latest proposal here at the top so it is easier to find. The first 67 posts in this thread deal with the original proposal and posts below; post 68 and later are probably in response to this updated version of the proposal.
☆ Castle Guards
Currently many of us are paralyzed by the fact that our troops serve a dual purpose – attack and defense. This weighs on every attack we consider … will this leave my team unable to defend its land? The goal is to mitigate this issue by separating these roles and giving players a guilt-free path to take the fight to their enemies! This is complementary to the broader Atlas World War Season. Without further ado, here is the proposed draft (subject to change, as always):
Castle guards …
- can be hired by the Marshal using team glory (like team medals being used to declare war).
- belong to the castle (forever).
- cannot be moved or transferred (they are lost if upkeep isn’t paid).
- are defended by an NPC base whose level depends on the fort level (level 12 fort = level 500 base).
Personal troops …
- can be loaded onto your Primarch when it is at your home castle.
- are no longer attached to any garrison
- new troops not placed on your Primarch will go into inventory (fiction: mill about your home base)
- troops in your inventory cannot be attacked
- troops cannot be transferred to inventory (once loaded on a Primarch)
- If a Primach is trapped, then it no longer prevents the aggressor from directly attacking the (likely weaker) Garrison.
When this is released, team glory will be retroactively granted. Event shields will be up to give teams some time to use their team glory to hire castle guards.
Panda’s original post (thanks for inspiring all this … also thanks to Gox and others who proposed other similar ideas in the past and helped get us this far!):
What about for every troop trained, NOT bought, an extra is given to the team. This can be added to whatever garrison is designated? Possibly these troops could be transferred to another teammate? But overall I think the addition of more troops rewarded through activity would help a lot to offset the current stagnation.