Question to those people who read Different kinds of books books

TO those who read books which below would you suggest me reading and then write a 1000 word analysis essay for it?
I enjoy adventurious and fictional book and a few other genres
examples of books i like to read are like wings of fire, hunger games,and The book of elsewhere.

List of books I have to choose from;
-Watership down by Richard Adams
-Adeath in the family by James’s Agee
-Emma by Jane Austen
-Pride and prejudice by Jane Austen
-Ship breaker by Paulo Bacigalupi
-Fahrenheight 451 by Ray Bradbury
-Jane eyre
-Cold sassy tree
-The house on mango Street
-A northern light
-Rebecca
-Extremely loud and incredibly close
-The curious incident of the dog I never nighttime - The Old man and the Sea
-Shoeless Joe
-Orphan Train
-The Highest Tide
-The Giant’s House
-The Bell Jar
-A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
-I capture the Castle
-Of Mice and Men
-The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
-The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
-I am Messenger
-The Old Man and the sea

2 Likes

I’ve read this one and I’m pretty sure it counts as science-fiction, not a biography. If I recall correctly, I enjoyed it. There’s potentially a lot there to do an essay on.

I’m not sure about some of the others on the list so I can’t give you any advice there. Except perhaps to read a brief overview of the books (similar to what you might find as a description on the back of the novel) and use that to determine which one seems the most interesting to you.

I would only consider about half of these autobiographies :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

What the people above said, you may want to do more research on what of these actually count. I.e. Fahrenheit 451 is a good book for literary analysis, it’s definitely not an autobiography. I mean, it’s set in a world where firemen burn books and houses. There are more books like this on your list, so I’d do some revision on it.

I have no idea where the autobiography comments are coming from, perhaps something was edited or I’m missing this as a requirement? But as long as you don’t need an autobiography, and also without knowing what you enjoy reading, I’d make two recommendations. The first is Watership Down. It’s beautifully written, the characters are great, and it’s full of dark adventure.

The second is Ship Breaker. It’s a fabulous post-apocalyptic story that is absolutely worth the read.

In any event, whatever you choose, enjoy, and good luck!

1 Like

yeah I edited a few since I found out some books aren’t autobiographies and i also added what genres I like to read and some examples.

But do you need to read an autobiography? I’m confused about this lol. And given what you enjoy reading (and again, as long as you don’t have to read an autobiography), I’d likely recommend Ship Breaker over Watership Down…but I also suggest checking them both out and reading the first chapter of each (or first chapter of whatever books you think you might want to read). The one you can’t put down is the winner!

heh i didn’t know what the genres of the books are so i googled one of the listed books and it said autobiography so i thought the rest were also autobiography

1 Like

Always great for literary analysis and just my favorite of the Jane Austen novels.

Great for analysis. Not my favorite book at all. I know a lot of people who love this book.

I can’t recall if I had to do any literary analysis at some point. I do love this book.

2 Likes

Personally I prefer scifi I would go for RED RISING. or Enders Game.

He edited it, it used to say it had to be a biography

Instead of telling you what to read I’ll tell you what not to read.

Rebecca: not one person in my English class liked, and the teacher hated too. he said would never read it again or have any of his classes read it again.
Plot: woman in hands of abusive woman, then in hands of abusive man. As my English teacher said. “The first half of the book she was doormat, she did nothing, the second half she was accomplice to her husband’s murder of his first wife”

Read Throne of Glass. The books may even long but there’s plenty of good stuff in there for book reports

2 Likes

If you’re into Greek Mythology and like a sort of lighthearted story, I suggest some books by Rick Riordan, like Trials of Apollo, Percy Jackson, or Heroes of Olympus. They’re more suited for younger readers in my opinion but they are lots of fun to read. He also has Norse mythology and Egyptian mythology (I’m pretty sure that’s what it is) books if you’re into those.

The Egyptian one is the Kane Chronichles and definitely agree.

Percy jackson is definitely for younger audiences, heroes of olympus is more universal and trials of apollo seems cool🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

I’ve done more than a few book reports on that series, it’s a good series (my favorite) and there is literary analysis you can do, especially foreshadowing in the first two books.

Just to check. Does it have to be one of the ones on the list

Ship Breaker and Fahrenheit 451 are fantastic dystopian-ish novels.

Don’t read Jane Austen unless you can see past the surface dryness.

What about Brave New World? If you haven’t read it it’s definitely a book you should sooner or later, since you like Sci-Fi

2 Likes

yes it has to be from the list if i didn’t have to read one of those I would have read another book.