Quests (title has to be 15 characters?! Why?)

They suck. Either: 1). Change the format and improve the rewards…(like double them) or…2) Get rid of them.

5 Likes

:joy::joy: yeah that 15 character limit is really irritating at times.

A revamp of the quest system would be nice though :eyes: All those follow quests are irksome.

4 Likes

Yes a big thanks to MsMersy, xxBlTCHxx and others for making them much easier

6 Likes

The rewards need to be substantially better for the amount of work required to do many of them. Needing to follow teammates with a specific dragon class or element is one of the most tedious actions ever. I do them because I happen to have the time but the reward for doing them is pretty much a joke. If the prizes were at least better then there would be some incentive to actually do them. As they are now it’s basically just a chore list that most people ignore

5 Likes

I think the 15 characters is to prevent people from writing useless topics like “quests”. If you had written “Quests suck remove them” I could’ve seen this was another useless ranting topic, saving me the time of reading it.

3 Likes

Also please do something about the reroll mechanic. Doing follow quests are, as we established, quite tedious, so if I reroll Follow 15x with warrior I don’t need a Follow 15x with dark element instead …

3 Likes

Notice the “suggestion” tag? “Quests” “suggestions” should have clued you in. Not a “useless rant.” Something that very clearly needs to be changed. Not my fault you read it/disagree apparently.

2 Likes

I‘m getting the „follow x times with … „ all the time, mostly two, so follow 9 with x and 12 with y… great if you have to do 9 with warrior and 12 with sorcerer for example… :roll_eyes: and can only reroll one.

Well that’s just brilliant, too bad you’re a bit late suggesting “quests” since they are already here. Too bad you didn’t think of anything to do with quests, otherwise you could’ve put it in your subject.

1 Like

Yeah. In addition to that I just have an issue with having to wait to see a “defend teammate” banner (or asking to be attacked in the LC)…

It’s just too reliant on other people. (Though I also do hate the “attack __ times with sorcerer dragon/dragon of ______ element”).

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I think of them as “chores” rather than a fun addition to the game. :frowning:

I think the idea was to reward players for doing things they did anyway, but, as usual, I didn’t quite work out the way PG intended.

6 Likes

The thread title needs to have 15 characters because it’s meant to be like a summary, as a bit of a clue whether I would be interested in reading more. You have to admit “Quests need revamping” is completely different from “Quest are awesome”. Two totally different viewpoints.

As far as quests, yes most are a chore - some just happen but some really bite the big one. None of them are REALLY hard to do with team work and red, fast-healing dragons along with a fortuitous re-roll once in a while.

Speaking of which, did we used to be able to re-roll each of the three quests one time rather than just one of the three one time or am I hallucinating again? I also think there are times I have done whatever my quests are but if I don’t check the quest PRIOR to doing whatever they say, I don’t always get credit. Like defending or whatever. Maybe it’s always been that way.

1 Like

I think the last few words :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

:roll_eyes: I believe that admin can explain why the minimum is 15 character for title (not 10, 20, or 50)…

1 Like

I agree that quests are too tedious for the little rewards. Who really wants to spend 30 to 60 minutes swapping a specific dragon with a teammate for 5 hammers. All Quests like this does is pull players away from Atlas, Events, and Wars. It drains valuable playtime from those who can’t live on WD. Quests are rubbish and need to go.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: Is it mandatory to do quests?

In some clans yes. Assuming you want to stay there.

1 Like

Staying on a team that has misplaced priorities is also not mandatory.

1 Like

I can only speak from my experience. We do everything. Events, quests, Atlas raids. Quests are worth it if you can get the final prize and we do.