Return of Assault Event Official Discussion Thread

Discuss the blog here:

1 Like

Very happy to see this return!

One question about the leaderboards, in the previous edition there was a cap on the maximum points that could be earned for a run, causing pretty much everyone on the leaderboard to have the exact same score. This meant that the winners were more or less randomly determined. Has anything been changed there?

5 Likes

The rewards seems much less than it used to be

11 Likes

Im very excited that Assault is back. This is very much needed to help pump some excitement back into breeding events since for most they’re over in minutes or even seconds now that we have instant breed. Events like this and Temple Raid really help to keep some of the value in all those past dragons people worked hard to get. I was sad when I only got my Kinnarus up to gold but now I love getting to smash some gold and platinum bases with her. Look out Gustav, Kinnarus is coming for you

I do notice though that the prizes have been changed (no shock there).
@RamenWithSoup Do the checkpoint prizes no longer include any bronze chests?

Im glad to see pearls and embers added but it is disappointing to see that sigils and gold chests were decreased

Did any of the base difficulties get changed or did that remain the same as last time? Will team quests run this week or will they be suspended like last time? If quests are being removed then the sigil payouts for checkpoints needs to be increased, no reason to take 400 sigils and 1200 rubies away and only give up to 1120 sigils in return.

11 Likes

I am very happy

1 Like

The prizes are a joke :man_facepalming:

21 Likes

well most players wont clear it until checkpoint 3, so the prizes are way too low for them.

1 Like

They’re nothing amazing but it’s a fun event for low energy cost.

3 Likes

Are the bases going to be easier now that the prizes have been greatly downgraded?

1 Like

If they scaled the difficulty back, imho the reduction of prizes is a fair compromise.

I was one of the ones who voiced my dissatisfaction with the difficulty of the bases. To make it clear, I was able clear it personally (and even get on the leaderboards for a few of them), but many of my teammates struggled with it, and they hated it.

To all those who maintained that it only required “skill”, I challenge you do it as a low level player with mimimal research, minimal runes, minimal consumables. The amount of condescending posts I saw from high level players with their maxed dragons research was frustrating. How does that work to promote the game for new players? How does that make them more inclined to spend?

15 Likes

Can someone share the good dragons for each tier for this event?

1 Like
3 Likes

So I have two comments to make, and really, they’re the same two comments as every other player:

1. Yay! The most popular event in the game is back! Finally! Great to see that you finally listened to player input!

2. Oh. Look. You decreased the prizes by an order of magnitude. It would have been really nice if you could have left them where they were, to help balance out the ridiculous increase in sigil costs for the season. Did you forget that the game economy is still broken?

42 Likes

I have no issue with this coming in during a event most people are done with in the first day, but removing quest is outright wrong in a season already costing so much more than previous seasons. Taking quest away is cheating us out of 800 sigils per month. I and my team have huge issue with this being removed.It quite frankly looks like another attempt at making us dig into our pockets and spending.If you want to add assault into the weeks of breeding and building thats a great idea,but don’t take away a another way of earning free sigils on an already over priced season.

5 Likes

Where is it said that quests are being removed?

1 Like

At previous levels it was hardly worth the effort. At the new level I’ll spend the time in atlas where I actually get rewarded.

Edit: Quoted for my agreement with Aeana.

2 Likes

They were removed last time but that was also during the time of the crap quests like “use a warrior 25 times” or “pointlessly follow someone”. Hopefully they dont remove quests this time and just have them focus on the breeding event. If they do remove them then the assault prizes need to be increased to make up for that loss.

5 Likes

The quest button isn’t in any of the blog’s snapshots :unamused:
Love the sigils and 1.2k rubies so I hope quests are still in scope for breeding.

2 Likes

They should just put it in the breeding event menu since there’s 2 separate menues for this

2 Likes

Oh brother, the reason this event was great was because of the rewards. These rewards are not even worth running the event now. Just a reminder of prizes during last assault that were worth it…

13 Likes