Scary and cool pets ๐Ÿ˜

So I know we have the funny pest so I though we do a scary and cool one too :smiling_imp:.

4 Likes

canโ€™t tell if its alive :skull_and_crossbones: :flushed:

this animal is not a pet

Stop making fun of me :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like

All mine and my rabbit is in the other post :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
RIP my scorpion

:firefin:

4 Likes

Scorpions can be pets the same as Tarantulas, spiders, snakes and lizards can.

2 Likes

anything can be a pet, even humans.
the thing is they shouldnt be

2 Likes

And why shouldnโ€™t they be? Is there a specific reason why scorpions shouldnโ€™t be a pet over say a dog?

How about mantis?

Fish?

What is the thing that makes something pet worthy vs not?

1 Like

there is no such a thing pet worthy but there are animals that inneed taken care of, those cannot survive by their own and in their own habitat๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Conservation status should be one factor that determines whether an animal should be kept in captivity or not. People all over the world deliberately capture creatures listed under the IUCN Red List as Threatened, Endangered, and Critically Endangered, and keep them as pets, some of which are illegal. Another thing is adaptability, which was perfectly described in the previous response (the one preceding this entire response).

However, there have not been any unusual pet choices show up in this thread yet.

1 Like

Sure. Does any of this apply to any of these? I am not saying we should go and take anything endangered as pets. I am simply asking why a scorpion falls under this โ€œnot eligibleโ€ to be a pet thing.

I have seen exotic pets here but nothing endangered. Nothing too different.

Cats survive alone as strays. Dogs descended from wolves that survive mostly. Birds are kept (though that I will admit is more questionable). Same with fish. If itโ€™s survival thatโ€™s the requirement virtually nothing could be a pet. And just ahead of time endangered stuff, different story.

โ€ฆ
these 2 words shouldnt even come together, but anyways.

not every strays at their best health conditions.
a blind cat cant live in streets or a couple days old kittens whose mother got poisoned by the people who dont want them around.
or a dog got hit by a car and paraliyzed, cant live in the streets.

i am against of caging/capturing/trading of any kind of animals, exotic or wild or bred to be pet, to serve humans visual pleasure.

that was all.

Those pets like reptiles need license to be perched from pet shops.

1 Like

IDK BECAUSE ITS COOL ?

1 Like

Why must everything become so political?

Nothing has become political.

1 Like

Minnie the Mouse [Spider]

I also had a huntsman called Mr Brown, a centipede called Stan, a Flinderโ€™s Range scorpion named Fluffy and three funnelweb spiders that didnโ€™t get names (they were not very sociable).

If I find photos of the rest, Iโ€™ll post them as an edit.

1 Like

Sanguis, the ackie, again :]

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.