Shorted event points

Have other players also lost points in the last Fort event due to the event start countdown timer mistake?

I’m getting a taste of why some of the senior players are frustrated with Pocket Gems… E-mail thread below on what I consider a reasonable request.

• Alienissis

Jeff (War Dragons)

Nov 3, 8:14 PM PST

Hi Alienissis,

Glad to hear from you. I apologize for the confusion as there is no way for me or anyone to credit the points that you have been waiting to get. My colleague mentioned that the points will not be credited. At the current moment, our team is investigating the scope of the issue to determine if global compensation will be required.

I hope I have clarified things for you. If you have further questions, please let me know.

Jeff

Nov 3, 8:06 PM PST

Good evening.
Event’s almost over, and my team is scratching their heads over why one of the officers has zero points…
Recap to aid decision making:1. Developer team made mistake with countdown timer prior to Fortification Frenzy event start (see Jeff’s e-mail below); at 8:00 PM PDT on Oct 29th the countdown timer showed 8 hours 00 minutes to Fortification Frenzy start, which calculates to the event starting at 4:00 AM PDT on Oct 30th.2. At 5:15 AM PDT on Oct 30th I started two tower upgrades. Went to check on points, but could not since the dungeon event was the only option to select.3. At 2:10 PM PDT on Oct 30th the Fortification Frenzy Live! E-mail was received.4. At 6:23 PM PDT on Oct 30th I wrote to PG requesting help to get my points (see my e-mail below at the beginning of this thread).
It’s not like I’m trying to cheat to gain an advantage; I waited to start tower upgrades so I would get points in the event. If the original Fortification Frenzy event start countdown timer mistake had not been made, I would simply have waited a little longer to start the tower upgrades.
With all of the above evidence, it really is a no-brainer. What does it cost PG to award event points? Where is the difficulty with the decision? Are there many other players who took the countdown timer at face value? If so, just screen the player logs, determine what points they would have received if the event started at 4:00 AM PDT on Oct 30th, and award the points. A script would crush through that task pretty quickly.
It’s a bummer for a player to not play the game because of an extended back-and-forth with the developer over a mistake when the decision on how to right it is clear.
This will make a great forum topic!

Cheers,

• Alienissis

Nov 2, 4:57 PM PDT

Hi Alienissis,

Thanks for writing back. Jeff here. Please bear with us, as the team is still looking into this matter and what to do with the players who participated. Kindly wait for further announcements and updates. As of the moment, there is still no update that is given to us.

Hoping for your kind understanding and patience on this matter.

Jeff

Nov 2, 2:15 PM PDT

Rueben,
I hope this is reconsidered. Per Jeff’s earlier e-mail:
“The start time you saw was an error in our testing phase. The team has removed this incorrect start time.”
Since it is a team error on the developer’s side, the player should not be shorted. Thoughts?
If a player sees an upcoming start time based on a countdown timer, then starts participating in the event based on information in the countdown timer, then the expectation is the points will be credited.
When all the sigils, speed-ups, and other prizes are totaled up between zero and 104,000 points in Fortification Frenzy, that’s a pretty stiff penalty for the player to pay for a developer mistake.

• Alienissis

Nov 2, 1:28 PM PDT

Hi Alienissis,

Thanks for writing back.

Apologies for the confusion, Dragon Lord, based on the information you provided you start building during the testing phase. Unfortunately, the points will not be credited. At the current moment, our team is investigating the scope of the issue to determine if global compensation will be required.

We will continue working on this issue and others to make War Dragons an enjoyable game for all.

We apologize again for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Nov 2, 12:33 PM PDT

All,
Pinging again so my ticket doesn’t auto-expire.
My Fortification Frenzy is still showing zero personal points. That means I’m missing out on over 800 sigils, which are hard for me to get…

• Alienissis

Nov 1, 7:21 AM PDT

Hi Alienissis,

Appreciate the update. This is Rueben.

Atlas and Dungeon are totally different from one another. Atlas is almost a game on its own. Regarding the testing phase, we will update everyone right away once we have further instruction.

Should you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to write back.

Thank you so much for your understanding and patience in this matter.

Nov 1, 6:14 AM PDT

Jeff,
Got it. I’m not participating in the event so the points don’t get confused; I want it to show zero until there’s resolution. Once I see either the 104,000 points in Fortification Frenzy or the tower upgrades rolled back, then I can start playing again.
I did enjoy the dungeon; is that what atlas looks like?

• Alienissis

Oct 31, 10:49 PM PDT

Hello Alienissis,

Thanks for writing back. The team is currently in discussion on what to do for players like yourself, who used the resources in the testing phase. Once we have an update on the matter, we will let everyone know.

Hoping for your kind understanding on this matter. If you have further concerns, please let me know.

Jeff

Oct 31, 10:17 PM PDT

So, Jeff, will I get any points recovery?

• Alienissis

Oct 30, 10:28 PM PDT

Hi Alienissis,

Thanks for writing in. My name is Jeff, and we apologize for the confusion. Rest assured, the event start time is scheduled to be on Wednesday around 2 PM (PT). The start time you saw was an error in our testing phase. The team has removed this incorrect start time.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Jeff

Oct 30, 7:51 PM PDT

Zendesk,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I do not believe it’s a sync issue since the e-mail came out at 2:10 PM PDT announcing that Fortification Frenzy is live, well after when I started two large (for me) tower upgrades at 5:15 AM PDT. I believe it’s more of the notification of the Fortification Frenzy last night indicating the start time was a lot earlier than when it actually started.

This question is probably confusing for an AI, so hopefully a human sees this before the event is over and I miss out on all of the prizes…

• Alienissis

Oct 30, 6:23 PM PDT

Hello Alienissis,

We are really sorry for the trouble that you’re experiencing with the delays in your points updating, and delays with your claimed rewards and chest contents being added to your account. Please note, these are just temporary delays, and you will eventually see your earned points and all the items you claimed added to your account shortly. In the meantime, you can wait a few minutes or full-close and restart the game for your account to update.

As for sync errors reversing progress, please rest assured that no items are being lost as any items or currency spent will automatically be returned to your account. The team continues to work on this issue to reduce its frequency going forward.

If your points and/or items are still missing, please do reply back to this ticket and let us know.

We apologize for the temporary issues, and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Oct 30, 6:23 PM PDT

Your request (#1830938) has been received and is being reviewed by our team. We will respond to your request as quickly as we can.

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Alienissis, Oct 30, 6:23 PM PDT

Dear Pocket Gems,

Last night I noted the time remaining for the Fortification event start, added it to the time it was presently, and arrived at a 4:00 AM PDT start time. That was great, since I get up to get ready for work at 4:00 AM PDT.

Once I got to my vanpool and we were on the road, I got into War Dragons and started a tower upgrade, finished a different tower, and started another tower upgrade at around 5:15 AM PDT. I wanted to check on my points, which should be 2,600 Elemental Embers x 2 towers x 20 points per Elemental Ember = 104,000 points. Alas, I could not check due to the game not letting me, forcing me instead to play the dungeon game. It appeared I could not check until that game was over.

Later in the day, I got back into War Dragons, and to my surprise, the system shows me at zero points. Please either credit my player account with 104,000 or roll back the two most recent tower upgrades and credit me back the 5,200 Elemental Embers.

Thank you!

• Alienissis

Attachment(s):
Attachment-2019-10-30 18:22:31.jpeg - https://wardragons.zendesk.com/attachments/token/GJX7SpfwU368r8gZCWFERcRmE/?name=Attachment-2019-10-30+18%3A22%3A31.jpeg

Thanks and have a great day!

1 Like

that is not what atlas looks like. atlas is much less nausea inducing

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.