Should I get necryx?

Should I go for it? Is it good at this stage of the game?

1 Like

We don’t yet know Necryx’s updated spells but even then, Necryx’s old spell set would not be viable in today’s meta. Back then, setting up a base was the main strat but now it is soloing bases with one dragon (getting max flames in wars). IF necryx’s update allows him to be a viable solo dragon then maybe, though i would wait until the end of the season to decide if you can spare the sigils.

10 Likes

Hmm, ok thanks!

1 Like

Few questions :

• did you get necryx before ?
  • what level are you right now ?
  • what are the dragons in your roster ?
  • what are the main dragons you are using right now ?
  • what’s the highest base you’ve hit many times with a consistent success ?
4 Likes

1.no
3. Krelos,luzok,talariok,zelnoth,ozy,hueso,nebulous,sekhet,sekhem, and ryuu
4. Main dragons are krelos, luzok,talariok,and nebulon
5. I don’t know exactly, around 230-270.

2 Likes

Then yes get it… watch for ice towers

2 Likes

Even though Necryx is an AMAZING looking dragon (seriously, one of the best looking dragons in the game), he’s just not going to be viable in today’s meta without pretty much a total redesign of his spells. He was an amazing dragon in his day, probably 2nd best discount ever released (damn you Krelos) but the thing that made him amazing was the time that he came out, before Ice flaks when Dark Flaks and Turrets ruled. Now there are several problematic towers that would stop him. Also a big problem is that the game is now very speed based and wars function differently than they did in his time. Set up isnt really a viable play style any more unless you’re doing casual runs or non-competitive pvp runs. Now dragons that utilize Sand like spells need more tricks than just that

He shall remain my go-to Obsidian dragon for Assault and Dungeons

8 Likes

As others have already stated, Necryx would struggle on bases now, in comparison to how he performed back then when there weren’t all of these towers around. However, if you want to get Necryx, that is entirely up to you. I feel like he would be great for Temple Raid, as Temple Raid bases do not consist of these newer, more recent towers that would otherwise serve as a threat to him. They consist predominantly of towers from his time. That is one good reason to get him. Other than that, he’s probably not worth it.

1 Like

Probably get it to gold for collection
But if u want to fly him I don’t think it’s gonna be viable in current meta

1 Like

Necryx lack damage boost

1 Like

I would not expect any resurrection dragon to be competitive in the modern game. If you get them it’s mostly for nostalgic reasons.

9 Likes

20210316_030259

16 Likes

To be a setup dragon and add utility to player’s belts, I don’t think he really needs a total overhaul. A blue cloak is really what holds Necryx back right now; so, Zel’noth’s Dark Void instead of cloak would potentially work really well so long as it did not unsand.

If you were to try and make it a viable solo dragon then, yes, a much more significant overhaul would be required because you would need to fix the cloaking issue AND find a way for him to increase damage output.

I’m interested to see how this pans out. I do kind of want to keep my old Necryx too, though, even if I get the new one. Great relic of a time gone by and reminder of when I loved this game the most.

2 Likes

These are no longer viable play styles though other than for fun runs where time doesnt matter and you probably wont get defended. Now a day a dragon needs to do more than just set up and Necryx really cant do anything but that. Arcanum Necryx will probably be about as viable as Obsidian Necryx currently is, ie if he gets hit he dies, if he gets ice flaked he dies, if he gets rage drained he dies.

1 Like

:joy: OK. Forgive me for trying introduce a way you could enjoy the dragon now, not necessarily by making it competitive but making it better than the tower target practice it currently is.

There is plenty to learn as a flier by learning a dragon that just sets up. Learning how to control the tempo of a flight yourself is invaluable to learning how to then add the balance of dealing out damage concomitantly.

5 Likes

Geeze, chill out, no need to get upset. There are perfectly good lineage setup dragons like Noc and Hau to learn to do that with that dont cost a lot of sigils that would be better to go with. Also you’re not really going to be doing that with Necryx because he’s so outdated. So the only control of a base would be over an undefended one which really isnt that helpful.
241598-20

1 Like

I love him for nostalgia, but I can see a personal use for pvp. Currently on pure pvp events fight pits and even TR, i use more than 1 dragon so I can hit up. In this instance for me a good set up dragon is still viable. I don’t get many defenders during events.

5 Likes

Precisely. This is still a mainstay strategy for many lower level players that are trying to get the best points they can!

I only just retired Necryx on my alt for similar reasons. Nec and Ember combo was what I relied on almost exclusively.

5 Likes

Is it? Have blue mages changed since the last time Necryx was around?

2 Likes

Of course not but I am sure that you would know that before asking. But the cooldowns inherent to that core spell leave it with more exposed time than some of the other white cloak variants that have become more common since. White cloaking was also a core addition to help combat rage drain islands which a clue cloak is inherently more susceptible to. A situation that Ducks correctly pointed out leads to a very dead Necryx.

2 Likes