Should WD Bring Back Older Avatars?

As someone who used to play in 2018, I really loved the seasonal avatars back then. This season avatars reveal was mildly disappointing for me. I thought it would be nice to bring back old avatars.
Instead of unlocking any of the newer ones, YOU CAN CHOOSE whether or not you want to work towards getting an older avatar like Oksana or something like that. BUT YOU DON’T HAVE TO CHOOSE TO GET THE OLD ONES. (like this is OPTIONAL). You can work towards getting ones you starting to get, but never finished. But the catch is that you CAN ONLY DO THIS ONCE. Best not have a bunch of older avatars.
THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT. Drop your opinion in the comments sections. [poll type=regular chartType=bar]

• YES! Bring back the older avatars
  • No! Are you kidding me???
  • Idk/neutral
  • no opinion
    [/poll]

Seems ypu did a PG on the poll.

My reply is No :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Even though there are a few Id like, it would devalue the work put into getting them just like with bringing back old dragons. So no, they shouldnt

2 Likes

As much as there are a few older avatars that I’d like to get, my answer is no. Limited-time avatars, like limited-time dragons, should remain limited to those who were able to get them when they were available.

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for joining in on the discussions of this online community. The question you are asking has been asked many times before.

However, divine dragons, old seasonal and event items are meant to be collectors that are available only for a limited time. Allowing these dragons or items to be obtained outside of the season or limited time event that they were originally available for would belittle the effort and money that older players put into obtaining the dragons when they were first released. Effort and money that were expended with the understanding that this was the only chance they would have at obtaining these dragons.

Here are some quotes by PG employees in regards to this very issue.

Here are links to searches of previous threads on this topic. Past divine dragons, Rainbow Evolution Stones, and regular Evolution Stones.

If you feel that none of the posts in the searches above provide you with satisfactory answers, or you feel you have an idea worth discussing that hasn’t been discussed before, please reach out to DragonPunch via a PM. If they feel your idea is worth discussing in the forums as a whole, they can reopen this thread so your idea can be discussed.

Until then, happy reading. We hope you will offer insightful ideas in the future.

1 Like