Show a little love for PGMatt

For some reason the dialogue from one of my all time favorite movies came to my head when I thought about posting this. I made some edits to the script and I think it fits. Anyhow I wanted to start a thread to show our appreciation for all that @PGMatt has done, and is doing for our beloved dragon game.

Way out west there was this fella… fella I wanna tell ya about. Fella by the name of PGMatt. At least that was the handle he gave himself, but he never had much use for it himself. Now, “PGMatt” - that’s a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the PGMatt that didn’t make a whole lot of sense. And a lot about where he lived, likewise. But then again, maybe that’s why I found the place so darned interestin’. They call PG the "Best Game Company Ever " I didn’t find it to be that, exactly. But I’ll allow there are some nice folks there. ‘Course I can’t say I’ve seen MachineZone, and I ain’t never been to SquareEnix. And I ain’t never seen no queen in her damned undies, so the feller says. But I’ll tell you what - after seeing PG, and this here story I’m about to unfold, well, I guess I seen somethin’ every bit as stupefyin’ as you’d see in any of them other places. And in English, too. So I can die with a smile on my face, without feelin’ like the good Lord gypped me. Now this here story I’m about to unfold took place back in the early ‘2020s - just about the time of our conflict with the glitches and the bugs. I only mention it because sometimes there’s a man… I won’t say a hero, ‘cause, what’s a hero? But sometimes, there’s a man. And I’m talkin’ about PGMatt here. Sometimes, there’s a man, well, he’s the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that’s PGMatt, at PG. And even if he’s a developer - and PGMatt was most certainly that. Quite possibly the best at PG, which would place him high in the runnin’ for best worldwide. But sometimes there’s a man, sometimes, there’s a man. Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But… aw, hell. I’ve done introduced him enough.

17 Likes

PG-Matt has a wonderfully positive outlook that is catching and heartwarming. His perspective and pure joy in the game makes for great reading and it’s comforting to see his consistent attitude and presence. I make sure to follow his posts on a daily basis.

So thank you for being a great addition to the forums and taking your personal time to contribute!

8 Likes

I don’t post a lot but its definitely refreshing and appreciated seeing a PG employee who plays the game as a grinder to know the full player experience, struggles, wins, and growth pains and basing his PG conclusions and discussions on that.

(although I don’t agree with g2 prims rollout, didn’t agree with g1 either :rofl:)

2 Likes

It’s super refreshing to see someone who works for PG listening to the player base and doing what he can with the knowledge to fix and make things better. Also the fact he plays the game and can experience these issues alongside us and understand it better. He does an excellent job and his service is appreciated!

3 Likes