Simple Incubator Idea

Since feeding perches increases the attack of the perched dragon for 6 hours, could their be an application where we can feed our incubators WOOD to allow a reduced or completed incubation time for new dragons? The amount of wood can vary depending on the tier of the dragon, like feeding perched dragons, but I think it would be interesting to even consider adding a total amount of wood to speed the dragon to completion. So for example: a mythic abbysal could cost 26 days after research, you can speed with timers OR burn 60m wood to finish instead and save the player many timers and break up the stagnancy of the current incubating scenario. Plus this would increase player productivity because I for one, do not enjoy spending precious timers on a dragon that is merely used as a stepping stone and would happily farm 60m wood to finish a dragon.

Thoughts?

15 Likes

Or just put all incubation times to 24 hours and call it good. @PGGalileo

15 Likes

Which would effectively help reduce timer issues/increase timer availability if we’re not using them on dragons

2 Likes

Let’s not waste our wood on something so simple as a Incubator just get timers to use on eggs I have a load of them from opening those chests at the beginning of the season.
It will get harder by fort if you do that your waste precious wood

1 Like

You forgot to add sarcasm to that.

7 Likes

That is also a great idea since current seasonals only require … what 19 hours to hatch? Something like that, so yeah that would be another idea but I was also trying to figure out something different to do with wood lmao

4 Likes

I’m not being sarcastic I’m being literal :joy:

Just because you have them, doesn’t mean others do

Why would you hatch dragons during fort?

3 Likes

My current level is 476, I am E2P and the timers that I have I need for fort, not dragons because I am robbing Peter to pay Paul and it slows progression and I have 500 golds and 5500 bronze chests every season to open but with current tier towers I need at least 1400 days every fort. That’s a lot of grinding and I would prefer to spend my timers on forts

4 Likes

Oh so you’re just crazy then. I literally never have anything other than a full 2.65M wood and full lumber yards other than the first 2 days of fort.

8 Likes

I have a lot of them I’m not bragging though about it all I’m saying is if you save up a lot of chests you’ll have over 2 years worth of timers .
I don’t speed up eggs in fort unless I have to upgrade my incubator.

I use more than that in 1 fort event :joy:

On topic: reducing time for incubation would be great.

7 Likes

In fort, limiting factor is timers, so there’s only a wood drought the first couple days - most people don’t need to speed eggs during fort. (I’m not sure why they wouldn’t just do it in breeding actually as soon as they get the egg, why wait till fort?) Therefore, it wouldn’t pose that bad of an issue in regards to wood during fort, especially with the 3x wood boost.

As for timers - they’re plentiful now due to season start, but what about the rest of the season? Deadly hit the mark by saying he’s robbing Peter to pay Paul - it quite literally feels like that (with the issue being augmented at/nearer to end game) due to the highest costs of towers and dragon hatching.

3 Likes

I have done this when being unable to hatch a dragon until I reach a certain level. Happened with Vanguard, Empyrean and Abyssal. Trying to make sure it doesn’t happen with Eldritch by leveling up enough before hand. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m planning on using 3.5 years of timers next fort.

2 Likes

From my 5500 chests and 500 golds plus event prizes I have 1600 days of timers. That’s over 4 years and will only last me 1 fort event but getting back on topic.

@PGGalileo could you pitch this idea to your team?

4 Likes

Ahhh, I apologise, level privilege seeping through - I forgot that this used to happen, oops :see_no_evil: But, shouldn’t be much of an issue waiting till the later days of fort to hatch, should it?

You’re obviously below level 400. Come back when you hit 400 and tell me you still have plenty of timers. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

It shouldn’t be an issue, no, but it is when you’re super excited to break into a new tier.

2 Likes

.I’m way below 400 and using like 1K days of timers. I used hundreds of days of timers this fort as I breed 2 full tiers and started a 3rd one, sapphire and plat discounts are awesome.

4 Likes