Spell Scaling Feedback Thread

Uh maybe i should go for Prospero? If i’m right he will improve alot

Thank you pg, if this is done properly then if will improve many dragons that were much weaker than in theory they should have been

Avyx was pretty decent…

It’s a simple fix as far as the chest drops are concerned. Just flag people with atlas, so they don’t get the extra drops in chests.

Much like this change, consistency is appreciated. Personally, I don’t see any dragon being viable after this change if it was not before…

From the announcement:

the spell scaling formula is consistent for all spells

and

Spell scaling will impact all spells in-game evenly since it is a formula change.

I’m surprised they’re approaching this as an across-the-board formula change, but I guess that saves picking winners and losers and thinking about everything individually. I don’t know the body of spells well enough to have a sense for which this affects most.

Given that frequent ruby - chests bug, I doubt it will be as simple as that.

@PGCrisis not only thanks for the effort of improving the game but even more: thanks for communication before with us and announcing this. That is really appreciated.

That´s why I´m asking: please take my answer in a respectful and positive way, specially since I appreciate all personal efforts of PG Employees in Forums.

My feedback to Spell Sclaing is simple: FIX THINGS FIRST before trying to come up with new features and algorithms no one needs. In other words: I don´t need Spell Scaling. Thanks.

And that is why I have this opinion:

Are you sure about that? It could also be that this leads to dragons which reveal their full potential when reaching final tier and before are weaker / useless. Would you still be happy then?

Point is: no matter what the outcome is, there will be people complaining (you nerfed my Garentt Pathox … so unfair) if Dragons get weaker and there will be people complaining if dragons get stronger (great, now Emerald Pathox takes my 1B DP Base lvl300 solo with defenders).

Not much to say at this point. I’m in favor of these changes in theory, but it’s tough to underestimate PG’s ability to screw things up. I will have to reserve judgement until after this come out and the dust settles. I guess I am glad they are making an attempt at balancing things, I just hope this doesn’t end up with even worse unintended consequences as usual.
Hopefully they will test this well with all the relevant dragons before releasing. :sweat_smile:

PS- I have to say it has become something of a mini soap opera/ mystery theater watching for Panda’s alts to pop up in these threads and get banned. While I don’t agree with everything he says I do hope he will continue entertaining us. :rofl:

In principle, this seems like a good change.

So spells are getting nerfed to accommodate the new scaling system. I also read (hope I didn’t misunderstand) that hunters won’t become more powerful. OK. In order to get the same bonus as I do now, which combination of buffs am I going to need? Am I now needing to get max research bonus and max rider and max legendary armor in order to get back the bonus I used to enjoy?

You are aware that a shit ton of ppl actually play atlas because they enjoy it right? I’m in love with atlas I don’t play it for just the gear or the stuff you get from it. I enjoy taking people’s shit and being competitive.

Just as a quick primer here

Spell scaling is one the things we as gpf have been asking for for months.

Pg brought a version to table and we have been testing it for a few weeks

As part of their commitment to listening to players more, and with the player base asking to be let into changes for the opportunity to give meaningful input into this, but also to know what’s coming so they dont get completely blindsided, pg and us agreed it should be previewed to all players so they have some informed insight into what’s coming.

The reason we want spell scaling is that its utterly impossible to balance dragons without it.

Without scaling a dragon thats balanced without gear is useless as soon as a base is geared. Conversely if the dragon is to have a chance vs geared bases, the spells have to be tuned to meet those bases, thus resulting in a dragon that roflstomps through non geared bases (eg Jotun vs 70s etc)

With spell scaling we can tune spells to have the same impact vs their relevant towers as well as with and without gear from rare to max elite.

It will also stop certain dragons being made redundant by gear= aka redrian with galvanic that can’t kill towers in his own tier on geared bases.

Will it be flawless - ofc not. I venture there will be quite a few over and under tuned spells - but its basic tech thats absolutely needed for future and current balancing.

Don’t mind my mail,was just curious,since your name was familiar)
Definitely agree!
Now I can remember your team,taking ppl’s shit.
Going back to my corner of boring,Incompetitive ppl :pensive:

I don’t know if you can actually answer this but are y’all going to be testing the scaling throughout a variety of lvls or is most of it going to be at end game lvl?

Well that was one of my main concerns.

I physically dont have the time ; and the gpf is small.

There are some members that said they will test lower tiers.

Pg has stated its impossible to only apply it to some dragons or new tiers only etc.

The community will have to speak up if certain spells scale in a way that breaks things is my guess

That’s kinda what I was afraid of

So with all the things wrong,this is what the gpf has been begging for ?

@Ndawen If I understood Gox’s words right, this spell scaling is like a very important brick at the bottom of a Jenga ® tower.

In order to get future changes / improvements, this has to be in place, or building further up is futile… Or something like that.

Am I right, @Gox1201?

It would be unreasonable to assume this

:eyes: it’s a pvp game lol… :woman_shrugging:t2: the point of atlas is to conquer castles lol. Y’all be hitting us all the time :rofl: im not gonna apologize just like you shouldn’t have to either lol.