Spell Scaling Feedback Thread

You said it yourself.

Nerfing the naked dragons means that the players will be motivated of improving their stats via riders, gear, runes, whatnot.

It’s not mandatory, but if you want to stay competitive… Do you get it? Your complaint is the solution for the complaint.

It’s not mandatory? You have to use 30% boost just to break even! This looks like mandatory to me.

This is impossible. What they did is change how things were applied. You cannot decrease the max boost without decreasing the minimum boost

Math before is as such
BASE x SPELL. (chill was 14%)

Math after is as such
BASE x (1 + buff1 + buff2…etc) x SPELL

Whereas the main attack and effective HP already operated with:
BASE x (1 + buff1 + buff2…etc)

If you reduce the spell percentage it affects all levels. Base is the base state which also cannot be screwed with unless it causes more problems than we are probably seeing

What you are asking for is to vary the spell percentage as the dragon progresses. This is a much more major change and not actually beneficial to the intended goal.

What I think they should have done is instead make it so spells can be toggled one at a time and change them over one at a time… or they could have just made new spells for everything and only used the new spells on new dragons.

But this is all about putting the toothpaste back in the tube. It’s going to suck no matter what they do for a while.

But you need to get over your misconception about it being a nerf. Pathox is definitely a special case, and dragons like aibrean, fomhar and avyx I think there is an unintended issue for some people that if people could stop raging about spell scaling long enough we can maybe get to the bottom of what’s wrong with it and why.

FFS, why? Tell me, why should you? This whole game is revolving around constant development of your dragons and base! We keep improving, changing things. Just because a few dragons dropped their initial attack power the world won’t collapse!

I don’t have any problems with this whole change. I know it was like a cold shower, but orange is the new black, and unless something is unexpectedly extreme, it’s unlikely to be changed back.

For me this is like the day when I got my first specs. I was 12 and my whole world changed. Forever. And so what? I got used to it, and started enjoying the new possibilities, instead of whining that my frame is heavy on the nose.

Stop saying this. It’s false.

If you have nothing else it can make up for it in entirety. I doubt you have zero riders, zero gear, zero research, and zero runes

PG needs a different formula for spell damage.
BASE x SPELL + x% (A x buff 1) + Y% ( B x buff 2) + …etc
With A and B variable coefficients

Naked = 100%
MAX boost = 100% + 1% + .0.5 % + 2%…

This will give finer control of boost, and even allow major differential across tiers if A and B are tier based.

This doesn’t work without major changes to the game which are counter to their intended goal.

Spells have a fixed percentage, this is why it’s a percentage and not a fixed amount.

Hp and attack are scaling with it more or less. The flaw was that spells scaled disproportionally (less) to attack and hp, causing dragons depending on scaling spells to become less and less relevant over time compared to ones which do not depend on scaling spells (hunters)

The solution is correct, but it’s one they shouldn’t have done after it was released. It very clearly is putting toothpaste back in the tube. A new dragon setup this way from the start would have nobody having problems with it

Nerf base value will magnify the impact of gears, runes, etc. Like I have said before, I don’t have runes, riders, etc for all my dragons. Do you? Let temple raid be a test for players. Your old dragons are nerfed unless you put riders, runes, etc on them.

Do it right or do it fast? Do it with minimum work for PG or do it with minimum impact to players?

Runes come free in silver chests. Are you not actively playing? Riders have been super cheap sigil wise. Half off first page for many at 10%+ for hp and attack. Easily worth the 3100 sigils they cost at the time. Research is progress based just like dragon level and player level.

You are in the minority if you have a net nerf.

I have 4 alts and 2 have not even had a cent put into them and they all have at least 1 rider and some research and some runes. Admittedly they all are in platinum teams so I’d you are in gold tier I can’t say for sure what that means.

@GreenMT

Spellscaling.

By now, it’s a huge base nerf.
Without prenerf to dragons, it’s even bigger base nerf.
Or do you prefer prenerf dragons, but PG doubles base stats?

Why even describe it this way? Why not just say: Dragons were nerfed to accommodate buffs caused by gear, research, and +30%. If you don’t invest in those add ons, yes your dragon was nerfed. Without this nerf, your base would have no chance against players multiple levels below yours.

Why not leave naked dragons alone, and give a smaller boost from gears, riders, etc?

Repeating that you aren’t happy I highly doubt is going to change PG’s mind. Find a solution rather then complain.

Despite it’s an option I thought as the best, it maybe the worst option for PG to take…
(Can we nerf all gear by 75% :eyes:)

I did. I proposed a new formula , but some think it’s too much work for PG.

Not sure why my comment to Orca was flagged, but I was serious about why not get rid of boosts and runes too.

When it change to 75%? Thought 50% was a good amount to request.

If I didn’t see you in the forums a lot I would think you maybe were new to this game and didn’t know how pg operates.

In the kindest way I can put it, they always operate with 20% of the work for 80% of the results type of company. And I don’t think paying customers have voted with their money that they demand this change.

Why? Is the game less fun because of the gear? Or because instead of taking a level 400 base, someone can only take a level 250 base? Or because you’re unable to take a level 400 base instead of a level 250 base?

Personally, I like attacking in a range where I win some and lose some. Losing makes winning better. Same for defending, I get frustrated when a 250 walks all over me, but it makes knocking down a 450 that much sweeter.