Starting a new team

I am going to start with some assumptions.

1. New membership is declining.
  2. Attrition is happening with greater frequency throughout the lower leagues.
    3.Finding a quality team is directly related to longevity.

Assuming the player base is declining, this means that recruiting (IMO the least enjoyable and chunkiest aspect of this game) will become more and more difficult. There seem to be too many teams chasing fewer and fewer players. The fact that it is so easy to start a team is part of the problem. There does not really seem to be any level or experience requirement, and there is no cost to doing so. Perhaps a level requirement or ruby cost to start a team is in order.

Or, do you think this is a solution in search of a problem?

Think this has been kicked around a few times before. As much as I hate to say it, I’m not in favor of requirements being in place for creating new teams. Those inactive, open to all teams, and even the new startups that fail, serve their purpose. I don’t think they discourage players, they actually give players a free chance to see what events are like and eventually they seek out other active players on active teams and are overjoyed to find them.

1 Like

I was thinking in part about the misinformation that can be spread by leaders/officers that don’t know any better. There’s a lot of chaff out there, and sometimes it’s hard to,find the wheat.

Very true, about the misinformation. I spend a lot of time re-educating my newer members about some of the most basic aspects of gameplay. However, they are happy for it and I don’t mind doing it. If only there was a way to roll up the few guide gems that are on the forums and put them ingame…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.