Stop rewarding failed runs in PVP

I want to suggest PG stop rewarding failed Mega runs in all PVP. The practice of stopping megas at 30% or lower is ridiculous.
I feel you should have to beat the base for points and this means a minimum of 70%. I like the sliding scale but this is what I feel it should look like:
100% -95% = 100% of Mega
94%-80% = 50% of Mega
79%-70% = 30% of Mega
70% below = 0

How in a war game are you rewarded for failing! Pick better targets and then get points.

7 Likes

How would you deal with the game crashes though? Just wondering?

6 Likes

I personally think the crashes are a minimal circumstance in the mega quit pvps we have

1 Like

I mostly agree and it’s fine…until it happens to you. Tbh I’m all for the 100% completion = 100% points.

But then you need to also adjust points up because each run now becomes more important too. There is a balance that’s needed but I don’t think a system should ever incentivize failure.

1 Like

more and more this game is prone to crash or not function properly … I don’t trust PG enough … actually, I don’t trust them at all which is why I quit spending money on this game until they made an effort to actually FIX the game.

6 Likes

Interesting how players seem to be placing higher value on a the team portion of the event which offers much less as far as prizes than the individual portion of the event in which a failed mega run costs individuals far more…

2 Likes

The app allways knows its state, and pg sees on logs if game crashed or not.

1 Like

That doesn’t mean they account for it though

i disagree.

edit:
Every percentage line is arbitrary, and these were recently changed. A mega is a ton of resources to invest to have a good chance of returning nothing, and the difference between defended and undefended runs in this game is huge. The majority of mediocre flyers or below average size players would have to settle for possibly far fewer points, get backup, or not use megas to ensure a decent return on their resources. Crashes and lag and cheats would be far higher stakes. It would be bad for the game. It would probably also make defending in PVP more valuable but PVP therefore more tiresome and expensive in defense consumables. This would also further encourage sandbagging, as with many of PG’s moves that punish trying to hit up and reward safely hitting down.

I’m sorry if people are quitting early on you intentionally. That is a crappy feeling.
But this is not the way IMO, even with the far less extreme numbers other people have suggested. The design of the pvps that makes people want to quit early is a better place to look.

7 Likes

No. Don’t punish people with high resource but has a crappy internet connection.

after the recent change to megas, I’ve never seen anyone in our S2 league quit before 70% (which is usually just farms and 1 or 2 towers). In essence, they could easily take the rest of the base no problem, but choose to quit at 70% and take the full mega value.

I have no problem with this. again, once they hit 70%, the rest of the base is a cake walk. their punishment, no 5 flames towards WF. maybe not much of a punishment, but it’s there.

2 Likes

Mega are no longer a ton of RSS, 20 if’s and 100 energy is less now do to 100 energy = 5 crates!
As for the majority of mediocre flyers, I say get better and pick better targets. Targets you can pass defended. Why should everyone be able to hit and get points above what they can?
Why reward poor flyers, this is a war game.
Get minimum to beat the base or get nothing. Its not a hard concept.

2 Likes

People quit at 70% NOT becuase they can’t finish the base, but because its a race to finish off the PvP island the fastest and it saves time while still giving 100% points.

In our league, even with double HP points last event, teams were still finishing off PvP islands in 2 minutes or less (if they had enough people running megas at the same time).

They pick bases they can get to 70% the fastest with or without defenders. Its just strategy on that end.

However, it was fairly universally agreed that 70% for 100% points was fair at the time they made the change.