Suggestion: gear shard trading

Ever had like 3m gear crafting shards of one element you really need? And like NONE of the shard element that you need for that fancy new dragon you just got? You’re probably thinking “yes, almost every crafting event” or if not I envy you :joy:. There have been many times where me and a teammate have realized that we have a ton shards that the other one wants, but none of what we want.

So I propose a solution: a type of trading currency (another currency, I know, but here me out). Basically, it would be a currency that comes in very very small quantities (like a prize would only ever include one of the trading tokens). It could maybe be obtained in event or season prizes.

What the said trading tokens do:
Let’s say you have a lot of extra fire shards and a lot of ice shards, and you need a lot of wind shards. You could expend one of the trading tokens to “request” up to say 500k or 250k wind shard (maxed at that low of a number so that people can’t instantly flip their shard inventory that easily). Then you could select what shards you would like to give away in trade for the wind shards. Let’s say you select ice and fire.
Then, when one of you teammates wants to make the trade, they select one of the shard types you provided (so in this case ice or fire). They then confirm the trade, which expends one of their trade token, and the fire/ice shards are transferred to them and the wind shards are transferred to you.

If 24h passes without your trade offer being taken up, the trade token you expended to initiate the trade gets returned to you and the trade disappears.

I know that was long and poorly written :joy: let me know if there’s questions, hoping the community gives some feed back…and hope this could get implemented in the future.

-Mizzet

@PGNeon @PGGalileo uh I’m not sure who else I should tag lol

4 Likes

What if you could trade troops for badges and trade badges for shards of the type you need? If PG let us trade one element for another, waiting until the last minute to reveal dragon elements wouldn’t help sell anything. I’m sure to them these constraints make things more “interesting.”

1 Like

kinda like this lol

2 Likes

Why not just add crafting shards to the bank in Atlas? Players can farm shards and donate to the bank. Then just like gold, wood, and food these shards can be sent back to the team.

2 Likes

can tell you it will be abused

4 Likes

Abused, how?

Wood, Gold, and Food are not being abused are they?
I would assume that shards would have the exact same coding just different values.

let me send all my shards to theses 500s to max there gear so they can be lazy like they already are

3 Likes

Hmm. Not sure how that is considered abused. If players decide to give up their resources to help the 500s then that is a players choice. Also I am not sure what lazy players have to do with a suggestion to the game that would benefit all players.

1 Like

they can also work for it like everyone else has

2 Likes

That’s funny, I am an over 500 player and do 40-50 invader runs a day. Also play 8-10 hours a day…but I am lazy? This isn’t about who is lazy. Its a suggestion to make the game better. To make improvements. Its why its called suggestions. I see you have 16.5M Ice shards, that’s awesome. I have 1M, why? Because is spend everything to better my gear or craft new gear. Maybe you have less Dark shards and need some to finish your mythic chest to max.
Would be nice if you could just ask the bank for the shards needed because that 500 that doesn’t need Dark just dumped them all ion the bank.

If you aren’t going to be helpful or constructive then there is no need to continue to post.

or maybe i have 7mill of the rest and i have all elite maxed for attack and defense and i have 2 mythic defense maxed and 2 offense mythics maxed :face_with_hand_over_mouth: and just leveling up random crap this event i am a 500 plus as well and bust my arse in atlas and finish every season completly

Then you spend a lot of time doing all atlas lines all the time. Some players are not there. Some players are on smaller teams. Some players only get 900 shards a run. some players might benefit from the help of players like you.

That’s why this part of the forums is called suggestions. Players make suggestions and we hope PG looks at them and takes them into consideration.

1 Like

smallers should and not go to highers at all they should be able to do it period but folks will also send to there alts but regardless it will open a can of worms

Many smaller players also have better gear then alot of the bigger players it is a grind and many bigger players become lazy and it hurts the team just look at the even and check the point system!

That is laughable. So no one should ask for XP runs? No one should ask for food, wood, gold?

gold and food is different and xp :roll_eyes: why grind shards when we can have others grind it right kinda like castle guards why hit folks when we can hit guards PROMOTES LAZY PLAYERS!

1 Like

Gold, food, wood, and xp are no different than shards. Why have someone help when you can grind it yourself.
You need to level a Prim go grind the 16.4M gold needed.
You need 2.2M wood go hit people until you have enough.
You want to level a dragon start attacking until you have enough.
Your new dragon needs XP, invader for the win.

This topic was simply a suggestion. Just because it is suggested doesn’t mean its going in game with next update. And if by chance PG says hey that’s not a bad idea and does put it in game. That doesn’t mean you have to donate any of your shards.

did not say update for starters im telling you it will promote lazy folks for one for 2 it will be abused highly if you cant grind your shards and finish a atlas season something is wrong and needs addressed

level 25 to 300 can finish a atlas season so can everyone else it is not hard at all!

i think what we should be able to do is give some of theses damn scrolls to non atlas folks that would be great!

I PREFER TO GIVE MY SHARDS TO NON ATLAS TEAMS THAT ARE ESTABLISHED AND SCROLLS

Not agree with this, but agree that non atlas should have more scrolls and shards for reasonable activity.

Back to topic, I’d worry less about lazy folk and more about cheated resources, as shards are still limited, compared to gold

5 Likes

i have a mill scrolls they can have them all if pg allowed as long as no atlas and established so they have a fighting chance against atlas folks but if your on a atlas team go out and get the mofos not hard to do