Suggestions for next Assault event

After discussing with a lot of my teammates, I’d like to suggest the following three changes to improve the event for everyone

There are obviously two categories of players in the event:

• the hardcore players, excellent fliers, who are able to defeat all the bases in the event with max points. Around 1k - 1.5k players. Those have fun when bases are challenging.
  • the vast majority of players who for various reasons, among them lower skills, less time, not experted dragons at the required tier… they would just like to get through the base and may find it boring or painful to have difficult bases.

Thus:

1. Increase the bonus that players can get by using weaker dragons to 90% or 95%. It will allow it to be more challenging for the ones who want it. As many score 1.7k on every tier, it will help see who is really better :grinning:.
  2. Allow the use of dragons from every tier below the one you’re fighting. If someone can beat an orange base with a red dragon, why not? :grinning:
  3. For the vast majority of players. Allow the use of a special attack which will grant victory at 70% instead of 100%. You’ll get a percentage of points like the new changes for mega. It will not jeopardize competition for the best fliers but will allow the others to get a win! Either this attack can cost more energy (like a super?) or will only be unlocked after 3 unsuccessful attempts (my choice).

What do you think?

10 Likes

They deff need to do something otherwise I’ll be saving my energy for Actual PVP events and not this crappy impersonation. :+1:

If they wanna make it fun and just for brag rights, cool, leave the important resources out of it then or give me my dreaded team quests back :rofl:, I can do 75 SS alot easier and a hell of a lot faster! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

:roll_eyes: Stop abbreviatting scores. It’s only 4 digits…

6 Likes

Haha! Plus it takes more keystrokes on mobile to type 1.7k than 1700 :crazy_face:

6 Likes

My suggestions are:

• Don’t increase the energy costs
  • Get rid of the progress resets every 6 hours
  • Don’t hold this event too frequently, it’s very expensive in terms of heals and consumables.
9 Likes

many used an exploit which is why warcry has been disabled on all dragons…

1 Like

Or deal. With it cuz its not mandatory for main event :roll_eyes: side quest when your bored nothing to do after u finished minor thats all it is

4 Likes

Yes, I can’t be bothered with Assault, once I’ve done the manageable bases in each tier. (Typically just 1 and 2 :unamused:)

And I really miss the quests - if the purpose of Assault instead of quests was to give us something else to do once we’ve used our egg hordes, it has failed spectacularly.

6 Likes

It’s the way scores are presented. And 1.7k would mean anything between 1651 and 1749, so writing 1700 is not as accurate :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It would be useless. Because dragon stats (AP, HP, etc.) grow exponentially vs. tier, it would be truly impossible to be able to beat a base using dragons from 2 tiers below. It is already quite difficult with dragons from “only” one tier below.

It would also clutter the roster and make it unnecessarily long. Limiting the roster to the same tier plus the tier below keeps it reasonably small.

2 Likes

I think PG should make this event more newplayer friendly because :
1- There 14 dragon’s tier, with 3 month of activity in this game you can play only 3 or 4 tier at max when you can play all day long with pvp event.

2- for low tier it’s should not be that hard, exeperience player can do low tier with ease but don’t forget that they have plenty of bonuses with the reaserch lab and new player don’t have it.
For this event I was kind of traped because i followed red’s breeding path, the breeding path is good but it lower the number of dragon you can use for the assault.

3- again experiences players can have up to 1400 sigils for completing assault of each tier when new player can have only 200-300 at their best despite how long they play.

4- The ranking systeme isn’t clear, and again it makes old player having a serious advantage against new players. I am in a gold 3 guild, the highest member of my guild is lvl 69 and my guildmates are strugling to completer red and purple tier. How can they be ranked ? They can’t.
They can’t because new player can’t compete with a player that have correct runes, riders and tons of reaserch.
Red to blue/orange tier should be player with rune/ riders and research desactivate so new and old player compete equaly.
In my opinion new player should be abled to reach the number one rank at the red to blue-orange level. They shouldn’t be outmatched by old players with runes, riders and research.

3 Likes

They aren’t.
The fact you’re making this statement means you DO NOT understand how the event scoring works… invalidates your entire argument.

All the things you listed boost dragon AP. Higher AP dragon used = less points = lower ranking.

3 Likes

Ok my bad, you learned me something !

Thx

2 Likes

sorry if i was being a … just so many people seem to be on a rampage about difficulty or don’t understand how things work etc which leads to more of the same. apologies

2 Likes

These are great suggestions.
Not sure about tiers 2 or more lower: can’t see any chance for a decent attack.
But the basic idea of allowing more players to max out the prizes is very good.

2 Likes

Maybe they can evaluate the results of this event to see if their expectations were met. As in, if they expected 90% to reach check point 1, 50% check point 2, and 10% check point 3. Adjust the base difficulty to try to get those numbers. :thinking:

6 Likes

Thanks for the comment. :grinning:

Allowing 2 tiers lowers can be useful. For instance, I just reached Vanguard tier. I completed all 6 harbinger bases base and uses my divines (at harbinger) to defeat vanguard bases. I’m sure my divines can also do something against the first empyrean bases.

And I’m also sure Ember or hauheset can hit bases 2 tiers higher.

1 Like

I suppose that this mini event si uncorrect for su.it’ impossible to use dragons whitout defensive dark,fire ice acc abilities against bases whit dark,fire ecc towers…this event is a big PG flop!

3 Likes

The sole suggestion I would have would be for to respect the same laws as players must aka no 2 equal flaks on one island.

10 Likes

The problem is that balancing bases becomes harder the more dragons that can be used to hit it.

Personally it like to see it restricted to just lineage dragons precisely because it makes them designing balanced bases easier.

3 Likes