Summer Season Clues and Hints - Official Thread

Dragon Lords, welcome to the thread. I thought we’d try a little something different this season. In this thread, I will post clues about the next season’s theme, dragons, and season name… as well as drop other goodies created by CF. You are free to work together to figure out what my clues mean about the Summer season. We will not announce anything officially until June 2nd, though I may unofficially confirm things in the comments.

Helpful post by @ConfusedKate keeping track of all the information: Summer Season Clues and Hints - Official Thread

Clue 1: (Solved in thread)
30.0531° N, 89.9343° W
45.3963° N, 59.6134° E
45.9311° N, 1.0327° E
36.8903° N, 38.3500° E
40.7462° N, 14.4989° E
32.6276° N, 129.7385° E
26.7050° S, 15.2326° E
39.9911° N, 46.9297° E
51.4045° N, 30.0542° E

Clue 2: (Solved in thread)
" The clocks stopped at 1:17. A long shear of light and then a series of low concussions."
-???

“This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images
Are raised, here they receive
The supplication of a dead man’s hand
Under the twinkle of a fading star.”
-???

“Once upon a time, man had a love affair with fire.”
-???

Clue 3: (Solved in thread)

Clue 4: (Solved in thread)
In this puzzle, you will find some (not all) of this season’s dragon classes, elements, spell names, and short descriptor (ex: Arboralith is also known as “Nature Incarnate”) – there are 20 words/phrases to find. Clues can be in any direction, up/down, left/right, diagonal, spelled forwards or backward.

Clue 5: Solve me. (Solved in thread)
TVGBAJ: “JUGGK KGPAD” - ZQDK JAVFGVGV.

VQKQDO NRG ZQFTGK ZQDKJ AX NRG YBMJNGK BMDKJFMUG, NRQJ KVMOAD’J JUGGK QJ HDPMNFRGK.

Clue 6. (Solved in thread)
deorc envochier
vindr sortarius
ijs guerroieor
pahhur huntojan

Clue 7. (Solved in thread)

Clue 8. Mystery Mythic (Solved in thread)

Clue 9. Remember when we first met? (Solved in thread)

Clue 10. Find my spells. (Solved in thread)

Clue 11. I hope you like to read Stories. (Solved in thread)

Clue 12. (Sound on)

Clue 13. The Final Puzzle.

Thanks for hanging in there and solving all those puzzles! This is my gift to you all for having fun.

NOTE: I AM 99.9% SURE THIS IS THE FINAL SEASON STRUCTURE, BUT IT MIGHT CHANGE! THE FELLOW IN CHARGE OF THIS IS OUT TODAY, SO HE CAN’T CHECK IT.

20 Likes

Fire mythic hunter? :laughing:

Prometheus!

8 Likes

To do some actual legwork though:

Pretty sure this is from The Road. Google tells me Cormac McCarthy wrote this one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Famous! This one is by T.S. Eliot. It’s an excerpt from a lovely poem named ‘The Hollow Men.’ :slight_smile:

Robert R. Mannon in Swan Song.

Not going to bother with the coords because I don’t have Google Earth at hand lmao.

3 Likes

This tells me that dragons will cease to exist and that it’ll become a text-only poetry game.

33 Likes

:joy:

5 Likes

One of them is Nagasaki

NEVER! Will a unicorn arise?

1 Like

According to Google
Six Flags New Orleans
South Aral Sea
8-6 Rue de la Mairie, 87520 Oradour-sur-Glane, France
Kobane, Syria
Traversa Carbone, 27, 80045 Monteleone Sabino Provincia di Rieti, Italy
Takashimamachi, Nagasaki, 851-1315, Japan
Kolmanskop, Namibia
Ağdam
Pryp’yat’, Kyiv Oblast, Ukraine

So none of the same country, all over the world… is the theme Disney World? Will there be a Donald Duck dragon?

I dont like having to use my brain. Cant it be more “put the blue square in the square hole”?

7 Likes

Play connect the dots maybe

3 Likes

coords are respectively;
Six flags New Orleans, US
South Aral Sea
Oradour Sur Glane, France
Kobane, Syria
Via Antonio Morese, Pompei Italy
Takashimamachi, Nagasaki, Japan
Kolmanskop, Sydney Australia
somewhere in Azerbaijan
Pripyat, Ukraine

2 Likes

In The Road by Cormac McCarthy, the apocalypse in which the father and son try to survive was caused by a meteor strike.

5 Likes

Given all the clues… I’m gonna go with a “Universal” summer sky kinda theme.

2 Likes

This is some powerful stuff. That 6-flags is abandoned. Pripyat is most famous for a nuclear meltdown. Nagasaki - nuclear bomb. The town in France, a Nazi massacre

8 Likes

Hmmm…Id say there are ghosts in all these places.

7 Likes

Where in the world is Carmen San Diego: Dragon edition…

11 Likes

some of these places were mentioned in 25 creepy places i.e 6 flags theme park,Kolmanskop, pripyat

2 Likes

All big catastrophes at the locations and the songs are spooky

2 Likes

So… basically, Death, Destruction and the Apocalypse? So the summer theme is Detroit

34 Likes

if this were fall season, I’d agree. but for summer season?

5 Likes

so the dragon(s) is more likely disaster themes, be it nuclear explosions or creepy themes so i presume it is similar to fall’17 theme(moonfang, necryx, gargula, spindra season) so that gives us a DARK ELEMENT Mythic(s)

7 Likes