Summer XXX, past seasonal Divine Dragon

Wouldn’t it be nice to keep -95% heal time for Springblossom dragons during Summer? :pleading_face: (just let the XP back to 100% instead of 150%)

It will help anyone getting Springblossom dragons during Super Sigil. Plus short heal time will be useful for anyone aiming to complete a dragon during Summer’s super sigil…

#addictedtoshorthealtime

11 Likes

I mean, heal times are a useless feature in the first place… everyone has tons of heal pots so it’s not like anyone above level 50 is actually being limited by heal times. Plus, isn’t the goal of any mobile game to keep people in-game?

Just get rid of heal times altogether. :grin:

9 Likes

Let’s go for this. Healing potions are a stupid limiter anyway.

3 Likes

I’m all for removing heal pots and cool down times but it will never happen.

PG thinks everything and I mean everything including heal pots have ruby equivalent value. (The fact that players don’t value certain things is irrelevant to them.) Heal Pots are a big chunk of the drop table in chests and PG would have to replace that with something they feel would encourage more spending.

It would be the same as trying to push the cat outside when it doesn’t want to go. In other words, you might not get what you want and a whole lot of claw marks in the end. :slight_smile:

Here. This is them holding onto core game mechanics: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/01/04/957263092594918747/1024x576_MP4_957263092594918747.mp4 :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Considering that new players have a tiny stock of heal potions, that means the time they can actually spend in game flying dragons is limited. Logic would suggest that limiting the time new players spend in game would make it more likely for new players to stop playing.

I mean games where you have to wait half an hour to play more kinda suck as games… Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately?) I was pretty hooked by the whole get dragons thing from the get go and stuck with it even though the limited playing time due to low heal potions was a major kill joy.

10 Likes

Way too much logic applied here. Didn’t you watch the video link?

I shouldn’t have watched the video but I did and now I laughed so hard I started another coughing fit. That is so like my cat. :rofl:

While I would love if they just did away with heal times and pots, I don’t see them actually doing it. I don’t see them extending the lowered heal time past season end either.

What would be the incentive to get and fly the new season dragons? <- PG

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I’m in the minority here, but I’m over level 50 and I often find myself short on Heal timers. I’d love to attack 30-50 bases a day (Chest Hunter) and so, I get low rather quickly, thus I have to “wait” for my dragons to be healed before I can do anything again…

And so this:

Would be much useful for me and others who just love to raid bases till their hear’s content.

1 Like

On old forums PG said low heal times make people quit. I guess it’s like free stuff :upside_down_face:

Like I get that it can be stressful to feel like you can’t put the game down or you’ll be wasting resources but it really kills things for the ones who want to play for several hours straight

I’m still traumatized by a period when I was short on heals and don’t use them when I can avoid it even though I’ve saved up a couple thousand now. I’d play a lot more if I didn’t need them. Make it a (cheap!) research or something

1 Like

Don’t worry, soon you’ll have thousands if you’re a chest grinder. As it is I have nearly 4,000 of them and that’s after spending maybe 1,000 practicing Hau and Ronin. Soon they’ll become the meaningless extra click before every attack that they are for everyone else.

1 Like

I have 20k heal timers and don’t expect to use all those ever since they are constantly being renewed with chest drops. I prefer they NOT be taken away just my opinion though.

That’s why I’m limiting it to one last season, merely to give time for those unable to get a good dragon as soon as possible.
-edit-
Plus newer dragons usually are stronger than older ones

So how about the boost is three months from when you get the dragon? That way, people who get the dragon late in the season still get the boost.

2 Likes

:thinking: That’s good enough…

I remember when I used to buy healing pots with rubies. :scream:

I have several thousand now though. Haven’t done that in a long time.

I think that would be (slightly) harder to implement though, and more importantly it’s not giving people incentive to finish the dragon earlier. Would be nice to extend it to the end of the season after though. So summer dragons get the boost until end of fall. That way it’s still a single date for everyone (easy to manage and to communicate), people getting dragons early still have an advantage, but everyone still gets to enjoy the short heal times for a useful period too.

2 Likes

I would like to see the healing times changed, mostly because imo one of the reasons we have so many lower than average flyers is because they can’t spend time actually learning to fly in the early days of the game because they are spending so much more time figuring out how to manage the system rather than actually playing the game.

We need better flyers overall and giving new players the tools to spend time in game learning to fly would vastly improve the situation and overall enjoyment of the game.

5 Likes

To add onto what you are saying, once a new player has a Seasonal Legendary, they don’t really use the lineage dragons much due to the long wait in healing time and not being able to compare in terms of performance. “My own experience here”

A change would be nice because as it stands, lineage dragons will be more overlooked as time goes on due to better and better Seasonal Dragons for newer players.

The Seasonal buff that @OrcaFrost suggested would at least help in saving timers for newer players who have just recently gotten their Seasonal Dragon to “hopefully” try out and learn how to use and fly the lineage dragons.

On the topic of heal times, eventhough this thread deals exclusively with seasonal dragons.

1. Why is there a healing time even if we manage to finish the run with 0 damage taken? I know that inner fire supposedly is the answer to this, but who wastes them outside of pvp events :unamused: Another concern I can think of is when running chest bases or MsMersy. But is it really necessary to have a healing time if dragon at full health? I can routinely finish invader bases with gunnar with 0 damage and there should be some reward for taking care not to get hit I think.

2. In all the games I haved played, levelling up the player character grants full health aka no healing potion required. It was surprising to me that this game doesn’t have that feature when I started playing. This mainly helps with lineage dragons, as you train one and can go another round immediately. Seasonals are usually waiting for den upgrade rather than xp from a run to level up.

These two things I think doesn’t have much of an impact in pg views / plans about heal pots but will be a nice QOL improvement. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about a rider that gives the same kind of heal time reduction as the season boost. Something along the lines of:
• 95% heal time reduction
• No heal time if 0 dmg is taken (like Inner Fire)
• Dragon XP increase, ~10-15%
• minor HP / Attack boost, 5% max

Basically, a rider to keep naked to put on new/training dragons that would mimic the seasonal boost

4 Likes