Temple Raid Exploit Addressed

Before this past Temple Raid event started, our team shipped a fix to address an unintentional exploit referred to us as “the delayed landing exploit,” in which multiple teams/players would be involved and it would result in a player finishing a really slow attack and getting credit for the progress after other teams/players reached or defeated a temple guard.

Those that try to do this exploit will simply not have their attack counted and will get their currency for the attack refunded back to their account. We’re aware that some teams did this unintentionally, while others did it on purpose. Nevertheless, this wasn’t part of our initial design for this event, and we’re now happy to announce that we were finally able to ship a fix to address this, thanks to those that reported it, and provided many helpful/pertinent details. We hope to continue to keep things more fair and balanced, so please don’t hesitate to let us know (or DM us) if there’s anything else that you think we need to address.

52 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

I noticed it, great!

Finally no more jumper teams :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Glad to see this finally fixed but why wasn’t this announcement made before the event? My team and Im sure many others dont bother going for supercharges because we refused to use that exploit and knew there was no point trying for them without using it.

Temple Raid is a fairly good event but it has always been so heavily exploited

2 Likes

Awesome to hear.

Finally! Thank you!!

Thank you!!

I too noticed the change during the event and was really happy this could no longer be exploited.

Although @ZeroDucksGvn has a point. Why wasn’t this announced prior to the event? It could/would have made a difference for people.

3 Likes

Thank you! It is great to see this exploit finally eradicated. Thanks for listening and acting to promote fair competition.

They were most likely live testing it during the event and wanted people to try it. If it was announced prior to event, they wouldn’t see what I’m sure they saw during the event. Just a guess. I for one always prefer to be left in the dark, than get the real deal truth when it’s available vs getting news, having it be wrong, watch the community lose its mind, etc. this is exactly how things should be done. Make sure it’s fixed than let us know it’s fixed :beers:

6 Likes

Great! Now how about addressing the sandbagging exploit?

1 Like

I am glad my post about it finally paid off. Better late than never. Thank you.

4 Likes

Game is how old and people still wanna cheat y’all have no honor if you need to do that

2 Likes

What do you mean, delayed landing? Some of us are just slow flyers.

Slow flying and delay a run aint the same.

6 Likes

It could legitimately happen if your attack was triple defended and it took a 2-3 dragons and 6m to clear the base.

People could exploit it as well by starting their attack late (2m in) and going slow on the base. Anchor on towers and finish it in 4-5m.

Both a legitimate and exploit attack would give kill credit for the next segment of the island after the guardians.

( assume 2.5m for pvp clearer and 2m for guard clearers ) with the exploit / slow lander finishing at 5-6m mark.

It was very telling how certain teams who’d consistently win races when they were awake now can’t win a single leg much less an entire race. Thanks for the fix.

3 Likes

U mean a D1 team usual end up top 5 last years and now didnt even made top 15 :thinking:

My favourite thing is people will have been consistently upset the exploit wasn’t working and fuming they weren’t told it was fixed :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

PG should use the pan hammer more often. If use an exploit give a warning. If exploit again instant perma ban those players/teams.

1 Like