What about a system where a castle could only have ## teams on it, and X/Y amount on each side. Call it 10/15 per “side”, side being friendly and enemy. Once Z teams (say 3) showed up on any castle, it would flag it as a “siege” and notify the defending team and then the move restriction menu would be accessible/put into action. At this point, all primarchs entering the zone would have to have X troops to move to these coordinates.
Castle Owner (team, leader, officers, marshall) would have a pop up menu which they could adjust to allow their T5A plus ##-5 (5 in this case) other SELECTED teams to be on the defense side of the castle. They would be able to swap out entire teams (with a cooldown) if the teams got low on troops or primarchs were all defeated. That “slot” would go on cooldown to prevent just swapping out teams, and the defense slot would have to strategically be given out to teams that were actually bringing lots of troops to defend instead of 1 primarch per team x 80 teams.
Castle attackers would maybe have a slightly larger slot # (call it 15?) and would still have a team change out cooldown. This would force attacks to be more organized (more people per team to show up rather than 1 primarch x 80 teams).
- Would keep battles between smaller tighter groups typically
- You would have your 5TA slots filled, and only 5 other defending teams so it would be more essential to rely on your 5TA for defense
- Better choices on who you invite for defense
- Possibly more takeover if you can overwhelm the defenders slots and put them all on cooldown, then those teams couldn’t assist in defending anymore if you killed them all before they resummoned.
- You would only be able to hit people on the opposite side, no friendly fire accidents or asking whose side each team is on.
Issues i see:
- What if a defending team’s buddy wanted to show up and be on the “attacking” side to just take up a team slot?
Could possibly set a “siege lead team” as the first team to show up/largest army when the siege flag is set and give them the access to the attacker side of the primarch restriction menu and only let them set teams to join the attacking side of the battle?
Very fabulous mock up
- Clicking on a team name as an authority member of a side would give you options to kick/remove teams on your side
- Invite team would allow you to type in an exact team name like passage list, then they would get passage to be able to move primarchs above X troops to the castle