The Future of Festive Leveling Shards

They could also do elemental festive shards. This would make sure that you would need to have a specific shard to level the dragon, but it could still level something else. Also, it would make sure that the chests never have more than 5 shard types; the high I think is kinda reasonable

1 Like

I’ve said this since they announced the new shard system, it needs to use generic shards. Getting shards for a dragon that you don’t even want is pretty crappy. Those shards become yet another dead drop. Also as more festives are added in it’ll become rather unrealistic to get enough shards each tier to level one that you wanted to keep leveling.
They also need to treat the festives like any current seasonal legendary and they should evolve to highest tier when the seasonals do, not when the lineage mythics for that tier come out.

4 Likes

So…basically leveling a festive dragon is like going to a baseball game and hoping to catch a free t-shirt that is actually your size from the crazy mascot and his launcher-gun-thing…

…yup generic probably makes the most sense

5 Likes

So a player sees Azrael and thinks I must get that dragon. How many draconic chests would they need to open to get him to max tier? (Assuming they’ve never opened any draconics before).

I have opened half of this seasons draconics already and still haven’t gotten enough shards for Neb to max him to the level he could be. He should be at arcanum for me.
I think the generic shards are a good idea, I have always thought that as well.
Festive shards that can’t be used for anything except festive dragons.

1 Like

Not random. Has it’s own sequence. This is from when I sequenced them at the start of the season.

4 Likes

On average, 574. You need 580 shards after completing the festive line, and the average number of Azrael shards dropping is 1.0112 per chest.

On the other hand, if you missed winter season but really dig Nebulon, you’ll have to go a lot longer.
You need 683 shards for that, and at the beginning there are only 0.339 Nebulon shards per chest. Once you max out Azrael after 574 chests this number will improve slightly to 0.598. In total you’ll need 2014 draconic chests on average to get max Nebulon if you never opened draconics before.

8 Likes

Yeah, festive dragons themselves became insanely more expensive switching from the stone system to the shard system. If the dragon is mainly what you want.
For those that view the festive line more as a resource line that happens to have a dragon in it then it is a good line for collecting seasonal rss and the dracs can be held onto for later on if you wanted to.

Most of the people who would just care about the dragon itself are probably going to be lower level and getting all the drac chests probably isnt as realistic for them. Those that can easily get all the drac chests are probably players closer to end tier and thus the dragon isnt as useful to them because it evolves a season late and will always be underleveled for max towers. The idea of a dragon that continues to evolve is good but like many things they executed it rather poorly.

3 Likes

I’d like to know what happens if I open the Draconics before next season’s Festive is announced.

Does it matter whether I open them as soon as possible on the first day, or first event, or second week into the next season? Or later? I remember that the drops were better for the festive within its own season, but what about the few weeks before the next festive is released? For some reason it was confusing to me.

I’m almost sure that the previous festive stays in the spotlight of Draconics until the next is released but I’d like a confirmation.

1 Like

A UFS might work (Universal Festive Shards) :wink:

1 Like

For the past two, that’s exactly what happened. Can’t speak for the future of course.

7 Likes

Its the mythic drop that make it beter to open during its own season for the festive, like there a 100 shard drop in mythic during its current season, once season end , that mythic drop will be removed and will only drop from legendary aka less chance to get azrael shard

2 Likes

Pretty sure that’s not true, it doesn’t get removed until the next festive comes out

5 Likes

I would love a universal shard. As it sits now I have 3 dragons at varying levels and none are getting to a level that will benefit me in the very near future. Festive key is to get people to spend on Draconian chests. Brilliant idea but poorly executed. The dilution is making the value not worth it. Like everything else they have at the store.

2 Likes

You can leave Hueso at Harbinger, he smashes temple raid and assault bases

3 Likes

What I’ve suggested over and over again like 3 times now

Maybe they should give the choice to which dragon shard you would like. Getting 3 shard types is not ideal for anyone if they do not have any. I did hear that once you get the max amount of shards for a dragon that it stops altogether 🥸

This is correct.

3 Likes

It’s correct until a new tiers is released and then you’ll need more shards so they’ll start dropping again. The problem is that if you didnt get the dragon’s line and do the drac chests while their shard was the priority drop then it’s not really feasible to get all of a dragon’s shards.
I skipped Hueso’s line but did Neb last season and Azrael this season so I’ll have enough shards for both but Hueso’s shards will continue to haunt me until the end of time.

4 Likes

Yeah that seriously sucks!