Hello Dragon Masters,
We are happy to announce that the Lost Islands will return on Wednesday, December 7. We will take Atlas down around 11:00 AM PT and re-enable sometime later in the afternoon.
LOST ISLANDS RESET
You are free to do what you wish with your primarchs and castles up until Atlas is disabled for the Lost Islands reset.
When we take Atlas down, the following things will happen:
- Your primarchs will be unsummoned
- Your troops on those primarchs will be returned to your barracks
- Castle ownership on the Lost Islands will be unassigned
- Castle infrastructure will be moved into storage
- If you had a home set on the Lost Islands it will be removed
- The castles on the Lost Islands will be reassigned to the Blackbloods and small amount of castle guards will be placed on them
When Atlas is re-enabled the slate will be wiped clean and the Lost Islands will be ready to be conquered once again.
NOTE: We encountered some edge cases with castle upkeep payments during the migration to the new state of the map last season. Some players reported receiving in-game mail that upkeep payments had gone through, but they appeared unpaid in the new state of the map. We made some updates to try and fix this issue, but we would recommend double-checking your castles and upkeep when Atlas is re-enabled.
CHANGES FOR THE UPCOMING DREADFROST SEASON
With this third run of the Lost Islands, we will be making a few changes to both the islands themselves and the Atlas map as a whole.
The Lost Islands Updates
- All Atlas players will now have access to the Lost Islands: Gold, Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond teams
General Atlas Updates
- We are reintroducing the penalty for lost infrastructure levels when a castle is conquered. This was changed from 10% to 0% back in 2020 and will return as a 10% penalty.
- For absolute clarity, this applies to all castles on the map, both on Lost Islands and the legacy map
The two changes above will be effective as soon as Atlas is re-enabled the afternoon of December 7 after the Lost Islands reset is performed.
LATER IN THE SEASON
We have heard your feedback about “the low castle guard meta” in Atlas, more specifically teams abusing low castle guard counts to reap the benefits of castle rewards while investing very little and not making themselves attractive targets for attack.
We will be introducing a change mid-season that will require teams to have a set percentage of total castle guards hired (around 10%) in order to receive any castle infrastructure bonuses or castle victory points at the end of rounds.
Another post clarifying the details of this change will be posted in January as we get closer to the feature’s release date.
All that being said, please plan accordingly and happy hunting!
*As a reminder, the Atlas Dreadfrost season begins next Thursday, December 8 around 12:00 PM PT.