The First Update
So what’s on the horizon for War Dragons? As we’ve mentioned before, there’s plenty in the works. Here’s a few immediate improvements that will be available in-game soon, and by soon, we mean today!
Tier-Based Discounting is a way for previously released lineage Dragons to be bred at a lower breeding token cost and for previously released tower levels to be built with a lower lumber and timer cost. For example: Prior to Tier-Based Discounting, it would cost 20 breeding tokens for every breed of Platinum Tier Dragons. Now with the discounting in effect, it costs 10 tokens per breed.
Now that the Empyrean Legendary Dragons and level 80 towers are available, we’ve extended Tier-Based Discounting up through Harbinger tier for dragons and level 65 towers . For more information, see the breakdown below:
Tier-Based Discounting Details
The following Tiers will be discounted (note that the discount numbers include the previous release of Tier-Based Discounting):
- Harbinger Tier --> 10% off token requirements (currently at 0% off)
- Obsidian Tier --> 20% off token requirements (currently at 10% off)
- Emerald Tier --> 30% off token requirements (currently at 20% off)
- Garnet Tier --> 40% off token requirements (currently at 30% off)
- Sapphire Tier --> 50% off token requirements (currently at 30% off)
- Platinum Tier --> 50% off token requirements (currently at 30% off)
Clarification: For breeding, the tiers above refer to the parents of a particular Egg Fragment.
The following building levels will be discounted:
- Tower Levels 56-65 --> 10% off resource & timer costs (currently at 0% off)
- Tower Levels 51-55 --> 20% off resource & timer costs (currently at 10% off)
- Tower Levels 46-50 --> 30% off resource & timer costs (currently at 20% off)
- Tower Level 45 --> 40% off resource & timer costs (currently at 30% off)
- Tower Level 44 --> 35% off resource & timer costs (currently at 30% off)
Just like in the previous release of Tier-Based Discounting, the amount of food and experience needed for leveling up dragons, the time needed for incubation, and the eggs and time required for research will be reduced in line with the token requirement discounts. In addition, Gold Tier research will be discounted by 50% as well, due to technical reasons.
Empyrean Tier Mission Balloon
Towards the end of 2018, the Lookout Balloon was updated to scale breeding token missions with your current Dragon Tier. Gone are the days of having a set amount of tokens to obtain from these missions across all Tiers and levels; with this update, higher Tiers now reward a higher amount of tokens, and are doubled for those with Elite!
Now, we’re taking this one step further to include the Empyrean Tier in the Lookout Balloon, so those who have Dragons in this Tier can increase their token payout as with previous tiers. Just like before, the cost to upgrade the Lookout Balloon will be one egg of the new Tier.
Please discuss your thoughts and ask questions in the Official Discussion Thread.