This will help:
- Normal players who don’t want to change teams from receiving invites. Especially helpful for people who get spammed with invites. Also helpful with preventing players from accidentally accepting an invite.
- Normal players who are thinking about leaving their team or are actively looking for a new team to only get invites that they may be interested in.
- Recruiters spend less time finding people to invite and more time playing, talking, and enjoying the game.
First I will address the Invites section in Settings.
- Have a check box to ‘Block Invites’ and another to ‘Allow Invites’.
- When ‘Allow Invites’ is checked, let the players fill out three more sections.
- Leagues you are willing to move to (all invites from other leagues will be blocked)
- Languages you can speak
- Adult Only Team or All Ages Team
My idea for the recruiting tab:
- Only players on other teams will show up. All team members of the recruiter who have ‘Allow Invites’ check will not appear. (This was added after the original post thanks to @talisgoldmage pointing out the need for this filter. )
- Only those who have ‘Allow Invites’ checked will appear in this tab.
- Only those who want to be in your current league will appear.
- Possibly have an option to show those who want to be in the league above you for those teams who are about to move leagues? Highlighting them might be good.
- Only those who can speak your teams preferred language will appear.
- Possibly add an option to add other languages in case the leadership is multilingual?
- Have a filter for level (min and max: no use wasting your time looking at high levels who won’t join your team), weekly medals, and adult only team or all ages team.
I think there may be other things that can be added to the Invites section and the filters for recruiting. Feel free to leave your ideas. Some other ideas of mine are:
- Atmosphere (I’m not sure what options to put for this)
- Level of intensity (barely around, casual, work hard but not intense or too serious, intense with strict rules, highly intense and serious with strict rules)
- Cussing (ok or not ok)
Another idea is to have teams fill out the same information as well. That way these filters can be added onto the team search tab. This will allow a more direct and faster way to find a new team to join.