So we all know that there a quite a bit of problems with the game right and quite a bit of people are unhappy to say the least. Many of us, and I mean many, are unhappy that you took away feeding. It got taken away without even really asking the community what it wanted or needed. Would it had been that hard to send out an email with a simple…check yes or no, like George Strait sang about in 1996 ?
There are glitches in the game from defensive numbers not being accurate, not getting payouts, buildings not being built, base boost not working etc…hell it took me 20 minutes to purchase atlas elite. The game is struggling right now and we all feel it as players and I’m quite sure you do as well.
That being said…I’m deciding to throw my 2 cents in a way where I know it gets seen, not lost in a myriad of other comments which people are absolutely able to express and hopefully you (pg) won’t delete after a certain number of hours due to inactivity, thus giving more people to respond and add to…
I’m a lowly little 280 level player that buys elite in both the original game and atlas. I buy packs when I need them, which is generally at the start of each season maybe 200 dollars worth sometimes 300 and then at the end to pick up the sigil slack, so that could be 200-300. I don’t consider myself a huge spender, but that’s a lot for me being a single father with a 3 year old (awww tears flowing…shut up ). It’s taken me 2 years, almost 3 to get where I am at and I’ve gone at a snails pace. Hell, I even have an alt sitting in Gold that’s probably been deleted by now due to inactivity. I love this game, it’s fun and it’s addictive, as I’m sure many other players feel the same way.
PG has a business to run, I get it. I’ve owned my own business before as a Bail Bondsman…I had a blast and made a lot of money. There are a couple of thoughts I’d like to share about my learnings when I ran my own business…
- If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, despite what the competitors do. Customers will always stick with what works and what they know, more than they will with the stuff they don’t know, unless money isn’t an option.
- Never make a decision without getting the full thoughts of your customers. Because they are the ones that provide the 95.3M dollar a year revenue which breaks down into 397.2K per estimated 240 employee. And if it’s a split decision…go with the popular vote and explain it to the customers with evidence.
- KISS…keep it simple stupid. This is a life rule and a business rule. IT work is hard, I know, I’ve seen it first hand. My best friend is an application manager for a major pharmaceutical company in NC. That man has his notebook computer with him all the time and even when he’s home…he’s working. Seeing him cuss and struggle the way I do, makes me appreciate what goes into game apps…however, I asked him one time, what’s the one things he’s learned all these years in his job…keep programming as simple and as stupid as you can without sacrificing the security of your customers.
- Customer is always correct not the bottom line. Don’t let the customer walk all over you but don’t rob the customer either. Do that, then sit back and watch the numbers climb faster then ever before.
- If you F up, own it, then pay it back big to your customers 100 fold. Not in a way that is expedient or necessary but that makes them feel not like a customer but a person and that they are truly appreciated. Because customer comes first not the bottom line.
- BRING BACK POG !!! It’s the little things that mean the most to customers. There are tons of players in the game who do not have access to him and would love to have access to him. I lost interest in all the other avatars and quite simply want him. 95% of the time I use the original ones. I’d love to have access to the really nice ones like the moderator one or some the atlas seasonal winner ones but I’m not on those teams…so bring back POG with the press of a key and the string of code.
This was long and winded I know, but I love this game, I want to succeed in it, want it to succeed and being that I tangibly pay into, not as much as others…I feel that in doing so gives me the ability to say piece. Have a good day