I am disappointed that both the official guard change thread, and the related threads such as Seriphs personal testimony of the impact it will have have been closed.
Such a critical change should not have the voice of the people silenced.
There was healthy debate inside the threads despite some personal slanging. ( on that note, why not introduce a flag on people who’s comments then require moderation before being shown, rather than just hiding posts and shutting threads down?)
The fundamental issues, and suggestions for change, remain:
- The starting point is not equal. All castles are not equally accessible. Check the stats. How many 5+ bubble deep castles have lost over 100k troops and/or guards since the time delay reduction came into play?
Suggestion: add roads between continents that are buried deep. They could be only a few pixels wide to run along the borders of continents so that the map doesn’t need to be redrawn. You dont need space in a redzone. You just need an entry point for each castle.
(And dont say that this cant be done. My team was suddenly exposed without notice when someone pointed out to PG there was no access to my continent from neutral. It can, and has been, done)
- The amount of guards, and defensive resources are not equal. Teams who have been wholly hidden, or with 1-2 accessible castles have been stockpiling guards and defensive resources, while those more exposed have been steadily drained. - the ‘haves’ will have an upper hand.
- Suggestion: do a stocktake and distribute fair and equitable defensive resources before rolling this change out.
- Re-look at the delay, as has been called for by others. Consider that all levels of the game cannot defend the same as 24/7 diamond / high sapphire active teams. Yes, you may get castle turnover. But you’ll be seeing a vast number of the platinum teams you let into atlas losing their lands and then their players. You welcomed them into atlas, now consider them in making it playable for less active teams like they are.
- Suggestion: Increase the delays a bit. And look at making delays longer on lower-league teams castles.
- And/or instigate the league separation. An Atlas for platinum to war amongst themselves with end of season promotion to the main atlas map.
- Decrease disparity between ‘have’ and ‘have not’ teams where proximity alerts are concerned. With the shorter delays, players can come in, fly, kill one lot, then leave and refill before the team they attack can mount a response (thinking of mostly lower leagues who have less players online / less seeing banners)
- Build a proximity alert function into the game where a dedicated alert chat room can have a message posted about an incoming prime on the castle next to one the team owns. Have this alert above to be enabled/disabled in the Admin like the RSS notices.
- See 3 above to increase the delay allowing more time for a response.
- Allow more time for feedback. And for trialling major changes such as these.
You want to see castles change hands. The above suggestions are about making it fair and equitable that all teams stand the same chance of losing a castle, not just those already exposed and attacked.