Tips for Flying Invokers

Hey y’all! Nyx here with a question for all of you people who have flown invokers before, any particular strategy to using the ammo strategically? I’m currently flying Sho’groth

Avoid destroying monuments until you get the hang of the recharge.

3 Likes

Haven’t tried Sho yet, but with Namaka I’m freely destroying all monuments after killing the towers.
The thing is, you better drain all ammo and recharge on the turn so you face the island with full ammo again and fire.
Well. again, this is the strategy for Namaka, where you better kill red mage with ammo asap, cloak in white shield spell and instant-kill biggest towers with red spell while towers are freezed.
No idea about Sho-groth yet. He will be my 3rd and last key for mythic so I won’t fly him until 3 months from now.

How long is the recharge for Sho-groth again?

3 Likes

If I remember right somewhere they said the recharge is the same length as the cloak. That way you can spam your shots cloak and when your cloak ends you can spam more shots.

1 Like

So 3 sec only, that’s quite fast so I don’t see a problem in destroying monuments before turning and getting ready to face the kill :blush:

2 Likes

This is good advice.
However, Namakas Deflecting Gale should kill any monument on double islands. Also, if you unload your ammo as you leave an island it will be full by the time you face the next island. Just do not unload mid way through the turn.

1 Like

I say kill the monuments. Reload more often and get the hang of it faster. Then you’ll start developing a judgement for when you actually need to save or dump your shots.

2 Likes

Once you get the hang of how much damage you expect to do to certain level/DP towers, you can spread the first 3 shots on different towers VS if it’s stronger focusing all 4 on the highest damage/threat tower in rapid succession before cloaking.

2 Likes