Trading post analysis - Darkmire week 4

Another season, another visit by our favorite mustachioed trader. Also the only trader, but that’s beside the point.

Day 4 analysis

• Egg Tokens x4600 for 5 gold chests (50x) A fair value trade if tokens are what you need from gold chests. To get the same average tokens from opening chests you would need 16 golds in breed (with pretty bad other drops) or 26 gold chests in pvp. If you also want pvp supplies, timers and sigils just as much keep the golds, but if you specifically need tokens more, this is a good option.
  • Wood boost x20 for 200 sigils ( 10x ) Seems like a reasonable price if you regularly run out of these, they definitely get more wood per sigil than the lumber packs, but lack the instant gratification factor.
  • Hammers x100 for 150 sigils (100x) These have been in a lot of the limited branches for slightly cheaper, but of course you can get a whole lot more here without going through other prizes. I suppose it’s a pretty fair deal if you need hammers.
  • Healing potions x100 for 50 sigils (10x) Very fair price. A lot of people will have plenty of these but if you don’t this is a much cheaper way to get them than any others available.
    them.
  • XP potions x15 for 50 sigils (100x) These are a bit like the wood and food pack offers. Yes xp is pretty easy to grind for free, and you can get these for free from dragon quests too, so it’s never really good value to buy them. But if you can’t be bothered with grinding or quests, these are cheap enough to just remove the whole leveling worry for a fair bit of time. Fair whaling option.
Earlier days

Day 3 analysis

• Legendary Oculus HP Glyph for 700 sigils Not an amazing rune, with just 3% HP and 2% attack. Also not expensive though, so if you have an oculus tower you might as well grab it.
  • Ice shards x500 for 600 fire shards (50x) I guess it could be useful for the ice turret loving weirdos out there :grin: but still not enough for a single level on a near-max ice turret.
  • 3h timers x5 for 625 fire shards (5x) Good place to dump some excess shards for something more useful.
  • Platinum chests x5 for 700 sigils ( 10x ) About 3k rubies worth of sigils to get 6k rubies in plats, same as last time. Worth getting. Would’ve been nice to have this one before yesterday’s electrum for plats offer.
  • Rubies x1000 for 200 sigils (10x) The reverse sigil chest. Putting the 10k rubies back into super sigil chests will get you a slight profit on average (about 2500 sigils back), but it’s a long way to the end of season. I would recommend keeping the sigils.

Day 2 analysis

• Elemental embers x900 for 1 cosmic charge (20x) 900 embers instead of 700 electrum. I’d say this is a bit lower value than the electrum. Still not terrible if you have excess cosmic charges, but embers are a bit more of an outgoing currency.
  • Electrum bars x7500 for 2 platinum chests (100x) This is pretty interesting, this is nearly 20 times the normal electrum drop rate from platinums. You do give up on quite a lot too of course, on average 125 sigils, 500 tokens, 7 days of timers and 1300 embers for 2 plats, as well as 380 electrum. But I do think 7500 electrum is better value, more so if you actually need electrum a lot. I would go for this if you have plat chests lying around.
  • Electrum bars x900 for 1100 black pearls (100x) Even better than the earlier deals with embers, and the limit has been upped to 100x as well. All bless sir Reginald and his mustache. Grab this while it’s hot.
  • Earth crafting shards x10k for 12k ice crafting shards (100x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Inner fire x15 for 100 sigils (100x) A disappointing return to form, last time it was 20 IF but we’re back to 15. Not really worth getting.

Day 1 analysis

• Mythic Crystal Howitzer HP Glyph for 1850 sigils Another mythic glyph with just +3% on the secondary stat. However it’s pretty affordable, and howitzer runes aren’t exactly common, so I’d grab it anyway.
  • Lumber pack x20 for 100 sigils ( 100x ) Never going to be good value in absolutes, since lumber is free, but if you like to whale your fort event without any worry about hunting lumber these are cheap.
  • Egg tokens x30k for Mystic fragment x150 (100x) Comes down to 200 tokens per fragment like before. Solid deal to change fragments for something more flexible, unless you really need the event points.
  • Egg tokens x3000 for Mystic fragment x15 (100x) Exactly the same, but with smaller numbers.
  • Chisels x60 for 250 sigils (15x) We don’t see chisels in the trading post much. The cost seems reasonable compared to lines that have them, but not so cheap that they’re a must have. Nice if you lack chisels specifically.
33 Likes

9 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Must resist the glyph… My mythics are more important… :tired_face:

5 Likes

Day 2 reactions
:person_shrugging: (Not for me)
:face_vomiting: (Personal opinion)
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::+1::+1::+1:
:person_shrugging:
:thinking:

3 Likes

Dear Reginald and all of his Pocket investors, THIS :point_up_2:t3: We want to see more of this. More high cap, non-sigil good offers in the trading post.

14 Likes

Appreciate the work you do with this.

4 Likes

Since so much of the player base blindly follow your analysis I would just put here that for day 3, 3rd offer - timers for Fire shards, anyone who has towers higher than 125 (even lower ones but to a lesser extent then) and construction research done maybe its wiser to save those shards and use your amazing site to figure out how to make an even bigger savings on timers when leveling towers.

Complete offer of 3125 shards makes up roughly 60% of the RSS needed for a 25 days savings.
15 days saved is better then 3 days earned.

1 Like

think it used to mention this in the text and comment on the increased flexibility as a trade of

1 Like

Garbage day 4 offerings. Why does Reg always feel the need to waste a day? If he wants people’s sigils then these should be much better offers. How about a mythic dragon glyph?

5 Likes

Nothing special about Day 4, “Move along”