Trading post analysis - Darkmire week 8

A wild Reginald appears. Dragon lord uses Bucket of Sigils. It’s super effective!

Day 5 analysis

• Electrum bars x2500 for 600 sigils (50x) An ok price, but not great. The repeating node at the end of the electrum tower line has way better value than this. If you’re short on electrum it’s ok, but easy to pass up too if you’re low on sigils.
  • Hammers x50 for 5000 black pearls (100x) 100 pearls per hammer still seems excessive. Only for those who really need hammers, or really have too many pearls to ever run out.
  • Wind crafting shards x10k for 12k fire crafting shards (100x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Egg tokens x30k for Mystic fragment x150 (100x) Comes down to 200 tokens per fragment like before. Solid deal to change fragments for something more flexible, unless you really need the event points.
  • Egg tokens x3000 for Mystic fragment x15 (100x) Exactly the same, but with smaller numbers.

Day 4 analysis

• Egg Tokens x4600 for 5 gold chests (50x) A fair value trade if tokens are what you need from gold chests. To get the same average tokens from opening chests you would need 16 golds in breed (with pretty bad other drops) or 26 gold chests in pvp. If you also want pvp supplies, timers and sigils just as much keep the golds, but if you specifically need tokens more, this is a good option.
  • Wood boost x20 for 200 sigils ( 10x ) Seems like a reasonable price if you regularly run out of these, they definitely get more wood per sigil than the lumber packs, but lack the instant gratification factor.
  • Hammers x100 for 150 sigils (100x) These have been in a lot of the limited branches for slightly cheaper, but of course you can get a whole lot more here without going through other prizes. I suppose it’s a pretty fair deal if you need hammers.
  • Healing potions x100 for 50 sigils (10x) Very fair price. A lot of people will have plenty of these but if you don’t this is a much cheaper way to get them than any others available.
    them.
  • XP potions x15 for 50 sigils (100x) These are a bit like the wood and food pack offers. Yes xp is pretty easy to grind for free, and you can get these for free from dragon quests too, so it’s never really good value to buy them. But if you can’t be bothered with grinding or quests, these are cheap enough to just remove the whole leveling worry for a fair bit of time. Fair whaling option.

Day 3 analysis

• Legendary Charged Volt Attack Glyph for 1000 sigils Verrry nice glyph, with 3% attack plus a 13% striker secondary. A bit more expensive than the last legendary glyphs but also very good stats. Worth getting.
  • Ice shards x500 for 600 fire shards (50x) I guess it could be useful for the ice turret lovers but still not enough for a single level on a near-max ice turret.
  • XP potions x25 for 625 fire shards (10x) Kind of interesting. XP is real easy to get these days, but then 625 fire shards is a negligible amount too. Might be handy to have 250 extra xp potions lying around just in case.
  • Platinum chests x5 for 700 sigils ( 10x ) About 3k rubies worth of sigils to get 6k rubies in plats, same as last time. Worth getting. Would’ve been nice to have this one before yesterday’s electrum for plats offer.
  • Rubies x1000 for 200 sigils (10x) The reverse sigil chest. Putting the 10k rubies back into super sigil chests will get you a slight profit on average (about 2500 sigils back) in four weeks from now.

Day 2 analysis

• Elemental embers x900 for 1 cosmic charge (20x) 900 embers instead of 700 electrum. I’d say this is a bit lower value than the electrum. Still not terrible if you have excess cosmic charges, but embers are a bit more of an outgoing currency.
  • Electrum bars x7500 for 2 platinum chests (15x) This is pretty interesting, this is nearly 20 times the normal electrum drop rate from platinums. You do give up on quite a lot too of course, on average 125 sigils, 500 tokens, 7 days of timers and 1300 embers for 2 plats, as well as 380 electrum. But I do think 7500 electrum is better value, more so if you actually need electrum a lot. I would go for this if you have plat chests lying around.
  • Electrum bars x900 for 1100 black pearls (15x) Even better than the earlier deals with embers,
    but quite sad to see it got downgraded to 15x instead of 100x
  • Ice crafting shards x10k for 12k earth crafting shards (100x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Inner fire x15 for 100 sigils (100x) Not really worth getting.

Day 1 analysis

• Mythic Oculus Attack Glyph for 2800 sigils With a secondary frenzy this is a pretty solid glyph for the Oculus tower. Apparently Reg noticed my look, so he quickly swapped the price tag for one 950 sigils higher. Still, if you use an Oculus, probably worth getting.
  • Lumber pack x20 for 100 sigils ( 100x ) Never going to be good value in absolutes, since lumber is free, but if you like to whale your fort event without any worry about hunting lumber these are cheap.
  • Lightning resist x75 for 100 sigils (20x) Much much cheaper than last time. If you ever run out of these they’re probably worth getting, even if they won’t stop Volt towers from frying your bacon.
  • Rune dust x350k for 85 sigils (20x) Same as last time, still pretty expensive. If you really need dust only.
  • Chisels x60 for 250 sigils (15x) We don’t see chisels in the trading post much. The cost seems reasonable compared to lines that have them, but not so cheap that they’re a must have. Nice if you lack chisels specifically.
33 Likes

3 Likes

a must have for any WD players… you MUST HAVE IT!!!

2 Likes

I think there could be a bug in today’s trading post, electrum for black pearls only x15 and ifs for 100 sigils x100 ( I hope it is a bug)

1 Like

Sadly the 7.5k electrum for 2 plats is down from 100x (week 4) to 15x.

It’s a very nice exchange but is very disappointing in how severely they reduced the claim cap from 100 to 15. This ruins any real usability this offer has.
Unless they also decide to offer the embers for pearls deal on another day, this is really disappointing to see

3 Likes

(っ’-‘)╮ =͟͟͞͞ ◑)`-’ )

17 Likes

Does anyone know what the stats are for the exotic lightning hp glyph?

All exotic tower runes/glyphs have the same stats. 10% & 5%
This one is 10% lighting HP and 5% lighting attack

1 Like

Mina :joy::+1:

3 Likes

Quick throw a masterball at it :rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

8 Likes

Day 3 is up

4 Likes

spent 7000 sigils to get 50 plat chests. But later on open 180 plat chest to get 7000 sigils back… :joy:

I didnt make even half my sigils back but did get double 12hr and ember mythic drops so that at was nice

Now would be another great time for pg to put 12k sigil value pack back in the store again.

@DragonPunch

2 Likes

Alright I got the Charged glyph, but no more spending sigils on the post, because I really need to save for my Mythics…

I suspect that the plats don’t pay back for themselves in sigils but would it still be worth it to get them now to open later in the season when I have earned a few more? Knowing that my main focus is sigils for two Mythics.

PS: I’m not hurting for resources except breeding tokens, understandably, but I don’t have anything really interesting to breed anymore.

1 Like

Yes, if you want to save Platinum chests. Also … you have a main?!?

I don’t know what you mean, this is my main that I’ve always used on the forums. Your answer is a bit beside the point too but thank you anyway for your input.

It’s possible that there’s a low level placeholder alt ingame to prevent awkward situations though…

Back on topic please, thank you :ocean:

2 Likes

Can Reginald stop with the day 4 garbage can offers? Just take your damn trash out to the curb on Saturday like everyone else and stop trying to sell it to us. It gets frustrating that he always wastes an entire day with this nonsense

3 Likes