Trading post analysis - Dreadfrost week 4

'tis the season to be jolly, and to hand over all your hard-worn sigils to old Reggie to decorate your towers with festive runes, and to help Reggie with his child support payments in these chilly days.

Day 5 analysis

• Electrum bars x2500 for 600 sigils (50x) An ok price, but not great. The repeating node at the end of the electrum tower line has way better value than this. If you’re short on electrum it’s ok, but easy to pass up too if you’re low on sigils.
  • Hammers x50 for 5000 black pearls (100x) 100 pearls per hammer still seems excessive. Only for those who really need hammers, or really have too many pearls to ever run out.
  • Wind crafting shards x10k for 12k fire crafting shards (100x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Egg tokens x30k for Mystic fragment x150 (100x) Comes down to 200 tokens per fragment like before. Solid deal to change fragments for something more flexible, unless you really need the event points.
  • Egg tokens x3000 for Mystic fragment x15 (100x) Exactly the same, but with smaller numbers.

Day 4 analysis

• Egg Tokens x4600 for 5 gold chests (50x) A fair value trade if tokens are what you need from gold chests. To get the same average tokens from opening chests you would need 16 golds in breed (with pretty bad other drops) or 26 gold chests in pvp. If you also want pvp supplies, timers and sigils just as much keep the golds, but if you specifically need tokens more, this is a good option.
  • Wood boost x20 for 200 sigils ( 10x ) Seems like a reasonable price if you regularly run out of these, they definitely get more wood per sigil than the lumber packs, but lack the instant gratification factor.
  • Hammers x100 for 150 sigils (100x) These have been in a lot of the limited branches for slightly cheaper, but of course you can get a whole lot more here without going through other prizes. I suppose it’s a pretty fair deal if you need hammers.
  • Healing potions x100 for 50 sigils (10x) Very fair price. A lot of people will have plenty of these but if you don’t this is a much cheaper way to get them than any others available.
    them.
  • XP potions x15 for 50 sigils (100x) These are a bit like the wood and food pack offers. Yes xp is pretty easy to grind for free, and you can get these for free from dragon quests too, so it’s never really good value to buy them. But if you can’t be bothered with grinding or quests, these are cheap enough to just remove the whole leveling worry for a fair bit of time. Fair whaling option.

Day 3 analysis

• **Legendary Glyph of Invoker HP for 1000 sigils. Terrible secondary, and the primary 3% hp is pretty meh as well. Pass.
  • Ice shards x500 for 600 fire shards (50x) I guess it could be useful for the ice turret loving weirdos out there but still not enough for a single level on a near-max ice turret.
  • XP potions x25 for 625 fire shards (10x) Meh.
  • Platinum chests x5 for 700 sigils ( 10x ) About 3k rubies worth of sigils to get 6k rubies in plats, same as last time. Worth getting.
  • Rubies x1000 for 200 sigils (10x) The reverse sigil chest. It will get you a slight profit when you use the rubies for super sigil chests, but that’s still 8 weeks away. Unless you have a ton of extra sigils, probably better to skip this one.

Day 2 analysis

• Elemental embers x900 for 1 cosmic charge (20x) Not bad if you have excess cosmic charges, but embers are a bit more of an outgoing currency.
  • Electrum bars x7500 for 2 platinum chests (15x) This is pretty interesting, this is nearly 20 times the normal electrum drop rate from platinums. You do give up on quite a lot too of course, on average 125 sigils, 500 tokens, 7 days of timers and 1300 embers for 2 plats, as well as 380 electrum. But I do think 7500 electrum is better value, more so if you actually need electrum a lot. I would go for this if you have plat chests lying around.
  • Electrum bars x900 for 1100 black pearls (15x) Even better than the earlier deals with embers,
    but quite sad to see it got downgraded to 15x instead of 100x
  • Ice crafting shards x10k for 12k earth crafting shards (100x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Inner fire x15 for 100 sigils (100x) Not really worth getting.

Day 1 analysis

• Mythic Glyph of Ice and Dark Flak HP for 2800 sigils Pretty nice glyph, boosting HP by 5% for ice flak and 3% for dark flak. Both still very relevant towers. Worth picking up if you have that combo on an island somewhere.
  • Lumber pack x20 for 100 sigils ( 100x ) Never going to be good value in absolutes, since lumber is free, but if you like to whale your fort event without any worry about hunting lumber these are cheap.
  • Lightning resist x75 for 100 sigils (20x) Same offer as last time. If you ever run out of these they’re probably worth getting, even if they won’t stop Volt towers from frying your bacon.
  • Rune dust x350k for 100 sigils (20x) Actually more expensive than last time, which was already expensive. One of his kids must have demanded Yeezys or something. Skip.
  • Chisels x60 for 250 sigils (15x) Reasonably prices, but not so cheap that they’re a must have. Nice if you lack chisels specifically.
32 Likes

Ty :blush: TLDR: get the mythic glyph if you have ice and dark flak on same island (or grab for planning)

Chisels and lightning resist as needed.

1 Like

*sigh* Reginald couldnt even be a little more generous with the claim caps for the holiday season. What a grinch

13 Likes

At least day 2 has Inner fires but hey Refills have to be on the table somewhere. Right?

Day 2 exactly the same as last trading post

1 Like

Reginald: “Zero Grinches Given.”

2 Likes

Invoker HP with secondary dark flak resist… is there even a single invoker with dark flak resist?

2 Likes

The mighty sho groth.
Nevertheless not a useful glyph I think.

4 Likes

Is Sho the festive ?

Promising rumor says Gunnar with an evidence being you get to see it evolvable past its max tier now.

2 Likes

I think you mean Resurrection :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

He probably did.

I just didn’t bother to correct that. :rofl::+1:t2:

1 Like

Merry Christmas from Reginald here’s your :poop::gift::gift:. Enjoy :face_exhaling:

10 Likes

:notes: Faa la la la la, here’s some :poop: :notes:

Not surprising but still disappointing that they couldnt do anything special at all with this trading post. Not even any gold chests or timers.

2 Likes

I have an irrational fear that PG is trying to limit the amount of gold chests they make available to players, I reckon they don’t like the hoarding that goes on as it limits spending on new seasons.

When was the last time we had Gold chests in a Trading post.

3 Likes

Last season I believe

Your right week 4 last season. So that’s now 3 TPs without Gold chests :face_exhaling:

Who knows not getting my hopes up maybe they are trying to hold up on the gold chests because they want to leave a good amount to at least 100 or a little over a hundred one TP later into season. Odds are they will only become a little more stingy with gold chests until it gets to a boiling point.

The day they tell us we cant carry over golds from one season to another is the day Im out the door. Remember when they used to offer the the 48 hour timers? Now that has been a hot minute since they offered those. It’s a shame how lazy and worthless the vast majority of the trading post is. At this point is basically the plat chests and MAYBE the mythic glyph and then the very small ember or electrum offer

Not for PG's eyes
I told you not to look
turn back now, nothing to see here

Im honestly surprised they havent gone after the Volt line’s gold chests yet.

7 Likes

Responding to nothing.

But they did, remember we still have the Volt line for now but the Occulus line was/is rather stingy on chests.