Trading post analysis - Unchained week 12

Gee I go to bed early for once, and wake up to find a mustachioed peddler of goods at the foot of the bed, carrying huge buckets of egg tokens. I’ve had my coffee now so let’s see what’s up with all that.

Day 5 analysis

• 10 cosmic charges for 1500 sigils (10x) A reasonable price, considering they take the spot of ~5000 electrum normally. If you’re short on these it’s worth getting because they are pretty limited. If you have plenty there’s no reason to go for them.
  • Hammers x50 for 5000 black pearls (15x) Going by last trading post prices this is just 125 sigils worth of hammers. If you are drowning in pearls and need hammers it’s probably still worth it, but 1 sigil per 40 pearls does seem pretty harsh, considering they cost about 30 times as much in season lines. Get only if really low on hammers I feel, otherwise hope for a slightly less low value offer for pearls.
  • 12h timers x15 for 170 sigils (10x) Price dropped slightly compared to last time, but I still think these are a bit overpriced, only get if you’re really really short on timers.
  • Fire crafting shards x10k for 12k wind crafting shards (30x) The new standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Gold chests x5 for 300 sigils (5x) About 1200 rubies worth of sigils to get 2000 rubies in golds. Good deal, slightly better than draconics in the festive line.

Day 4 analysis

• Egg Tokens x4600 for 5 gold chests (10x) A fair value trade if tokens are what you need from gold chests. To get the same average tokens from opening chests you would need 16 golds in breed (with pretty bad other drops) or 26 gold chests in pvp. If you also want pvp supplies, timers and sigils just as much keep the golds, but if you specifically need tokens more, this is a good option.
  • Wind crafting shards x10k for 12k dark crafting shards (30x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Healing potions x100 for 50 sigils (10x) Very fair price. A lot of people will have plenty of these but if you don’t this is a much cheaper way to get them than any others available.
  • XP potions x15 for 50 sigils (20x) These are a bit like the wood and food pack offers. Yes xp is pretty easy to grind for free, and you can get these for free from dragon quests too, so it’s never really good value to buy them. But if you can’t be bothered with grinding or quests, these are cheap enough to just remove the whole leveling worry for a fair bit of time. Fair whaling option.
  • Chisels x50 for 250 sigils (15x) Very decent value compared to exotic lines. Worth getting if you’re low on chisels.

Day 3 analysis

• Mythic Red Archmage HP Glyph for 1850 sigils A very solid glyph, and the price is reasonable. Very much worth getting for anyone using archmages.
  • Ice shards x500 for 600 fire shards (10x) Not sure who this is for. In theory this could be useful for people maintaining an ice turret and no fire turret, but the total amount of 5k doesn’t really do much when a single level can cost 29k. Better off doing this via merges, I’d skip.
  • 3h timers x5 for 625 fire shards (5x) Good place to dump some excess shards for something more useful. Note that using shards for resource transformation merges does get you more hours for the same shards, but since actual timers are much more broadly usable I still feel these are worth getting.
  • Dark crafting shards x10k for 12k earth crafting shards (30x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Platinum chests x5 for 700 sigils ( 10x ) About 3k rubies worth of sigils to get 6k rubies in plats, same as last time. Worth getting.

Day 2 analysis

• Electrum bars x700 for 1 cosmic charge (10x) Same as last time, solid offer. As a percentage of a tower level, 700 electrum is worth more than a cosmic charge. If you’re not using charges much this is worth going for.
  • Elemental Embers x9000 for 2 platinum chests (10x) Also same as last time, not a bad trade if you need embers more than other things, even by a bit.
  • Elemental Embers x1000 for 1100 black pearls (15x) Very nice trade for anyone with more than enough black pearls, nearly 1:1. Pearls are of course more expensive in lines etc, but once you have enough for your perches, any more has no use, so go for it.
  • Earth crafting shards x10k for 12k ice crafting shards (30x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Inner fire x15 for 100 sigils (20x) Better deal than last time with 10 inners for the same cost. I still feel it’s on the low side compared to the value of gold chests, but if your inners are low compared to energy it’s worth looking at.

Day 1 analysis

• Legendary Drakul Pylon HP Glyph for 600 sigils (1x) Seems useful if you have a drakul pylon. Runes and glyphs for the newer towers are pretty scarce too, so I’d consider picking this up if you have a pylon, even if you currently don’t have space for it.
  • Ice crafting shards x10k for 12k fire crafting shards (30x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Egg tokens x30k for Mystic fragment x150 (25x) Comes down to 200 tokens per fragment like before. At end game, a mystic fragment will cover 180 fragments (and give 400 event points), so this is a solid deal to change fragments for something more flexible, unless you really need the event points. I like the large amount offered here for people with a large stockpile of fragments.
  • Egg tokens x3000 for Mystic fragment x15 (25x) Same deal as above, but for smaller amounts.
  • Rune dust x350k for 85 sigils (20x) Bit cheaper than last time, but still pretty expensive. Would have to be 70 sigils to match the cost in most limited lines. Still, if you really need dust, it’s better than before.
67 Likes

That’s matching what I figured yesterday, thank you as usual :hugs:

Is the DP glyph 3%hp 2%attk?

6 Likes

I got it for just in case

I got + 0,3B with it.

So we can change 4,125 mystic frags over.

Can someone explain to me what the point of the Draconic change was?

This seems to be the mechanism that allows people to change mystics for eggs if they want to and gives everyone flexibility to play their way.

Instead everyone loses 15,000 net eggs and everyone gets forced into this exchange rate ( where Reggy takes a 10% cut ) whether we like it or not.

5 Likes

Long term change with so needed effects.

Trading post is short term solution , and thanks god it came along

2 Likes

This is a one time exchange that fixes the excess frags that couldn’t be usefully spent for the last two tiers.

Your math seems… questionable.

8 Likes

Based on the new drop rates.

Pg admitted that they boosted other drops to compensate less net eggs.

10% seems to be the rough going tax rate but that could be questionable that goes up or down slightly post to post.

I found use for all my mystics :slight_smile:

I think ultimately everyone allocates scarce resources in a way to min/max their goals and fragments were no different because some people placed a higher value on event scores and some on flexibility and some a combination of the two )

2 Likes

You seem to have misread that. In fact overall tokens went up, not down.

No idea where you are getting this idea from. Progression wise you’re getting between 11% and 900% MORE than you would have gotten for the fragments. Event points wise, you’re getting 50%. The 10% number doesn’t appear anywhere.

3 Likes

No use arguing Danger, we both aren’t apparently playing with a full deck of cards; where others, with a deck or two.

But wIll leave with this.

I assume no one realized that the Trading Post can have an option to exchange fragments for tokens never crossed their minds - and that - it could be a permanent feature. That way those people with excess fragments, not sure who they are, can unload them. Nowhere is it stated this opportunity is a one-off or has to be a one-off.

And there is also nothing from keeping PG from doing the reverse - let me exchange 200 egg tokens for 1 fragment if I value Breeding event scores over research.

A valuable principle to follow - use the least intrusive measure(s) to accomplish a goal. Seems messing with draconic chests (which affects a lot of players) is probably the most intrusive way to deal with a problem very few players have.

2 Likes

Well first those draconics giving 200 frags were extremely generous to begin with . Now lets be honest on some stuff .

1 Like

Also what will be left to counter this if pg actually listens to your feedback and addresses the issues with event scoring

1 Like

This is a good point but is very situational

Surprisingly insightful bit of self reflection there. Now could we keep this thread for trading post discussions please? You can make your own thread about your love for mystic fragments.

12 Likes

15 whole minutes and still no update?
A50Y

5 Likes

I almost forgot it was a thing :grin: but day 2 is up

10 Likes

:mantelpiece_clock: :mantelpiece_clock: :mantelpiece_clock: ohhhh the humanity!!